KVH issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glomex doesn’t give me ESPN or the NFL network or Fox News or ID or A&E. Those are pretty much the only channels I watch except for local channels on weekends for football during football season.

We boat in New England. Purchased a TV3 this Spring and a Wally receiver online. Set it up on the "Eastern Arc" per the KVH instructions, called Dish and got their Outdoor Pack. Works great - we get all the HD channels in the pack no problem. We do get the 004 error sometimes when switching channels, if the new channel is on a different satellite than the old channel.

Best I can tell what's happening is the dish is translating to the new position and you momentarily lose the signal so the receiver throws the error. The up-down sequence normally clears it but still a bit of a pain.

I found the easiest solution was to create 2 favorite lists in the Wally. One for the 61.5 satellite, where just about all the HD channels reside and a second for the 72.7 satellite where the SD-only channels reside. There are only a few SD-only channels so 90% of what we watch is on the 61.5.

That’s a great idea!

My understanding, and I have done a fair amount of research but none in 2019. Is that all the tailgater models find the satellite once, it is assumed that the unit is stationary so continued track is an unnecessary expense.

So our TV1 has been working great since they sent us the replacement unit.
Only problem we have is that half the channels I like are on one satellite and half are on another and it doesn’t auto switch over. Minor inconvenience....I just have to connect to the tv hub via my phone and manually change the satellite.

Is it true I cannot get HD channels on the TV1 via Dish? Football is much better in HD!

The TV1 says it can get HDTV from Dish. HDTV from Dish requires a MIPPS. Either the TV1 has one built in or you will be required to buy one. Either way it should not be a big deal.

The TV1 says it can get HDTV from Dish. HDTV from Dish requires a MIPPS. Either the TV1 has one built in or you will be required to buy one. Either way it should not be a big deal.

So I just tried googling that and I’m not finding anything. What is MIPPS?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom