Kudos to ProMariner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordon J

Guru
Vessel Name
Didi Mau
Vessel Make
Currently looking for next boat
PreviouS owner installed a promariner battery charger for bow thrusters. The charger uses little plastic caps to establish a charging routine. Red cap for high performance AGMs, Black for normal AGMs, grey for gel.

I am in the Bahamas and a battery broke forcing me to replace high performance AGMs with normal AGMs. Naturally, the other caps can’t be found. I called Profesional Marine LLC in Portsmouth, NH. The customer service tech sent overnight delivery the missing caps to a friend who is returning the my Marina on the 26th.

Oh, and did I say that this was all done at no charge? Not even for UPS. This impressed me greatly.

I just wanted to pass along great service that clearly went above and beyond. If in the market for their products in the future, You can bet they will get extra consideration..

This is not the first time I have heard something like this about them. It pays to support a company that supports their customers.

Ken

Sounds good, glad because I will have 2 Promariner chargers as soon as I get the new 60 amp one I have installed.

I was wondering if there is any link between pro mariner and sterling power? Their chargers look very much the same.

L

Sounds good, glad because I will have 2 Promariner chargers as soon as I get the new 60 amp one I have installed.

I installed a 60A Promariner this past fall and I'm very pleased with it.

I was wondering if there is any link between pro mariner and sterling power? Their chargers look very much the same.

Yes, there is... or at least was... but I dunno the true nature of it. The products are often (always?) exactly the same, but with different labeling and different user manuals. Sometimes helps to read "the other" manual to figure out what "your's" is trying to say.

(IIRC, Sterling was bright enough to label a feature as "not available" on their version of our relatively new inverter/charger, whereas ProMariner is content to let the user eventually discover that the feature doesn't work/wasn't implemented.)

I've heard they co-develop products, but another possibility is that one primarly markets here in North America and the other markets elsewhere... or nice versa.

I think whoever owns Marinco now acquired ProMariner, along with several other similar companies. Dunno if that includes Sterling or not...

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom