Krogen Manatee owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NDM

Vessel Make
Albin 33'
I am considering buying a Krogen Manatee for the Loop, Bahamas, and maybe even the Caribbean one day. I plan to single hand her most of the time, with occasional guests for the long hauls. My question to the list is whether any previous or current owners of the Manatee can comment on how difficult it is to dock her. Since she doesn't have side decks, is it possible to dock her single hand in other than dead calm conditions? I like the layout otherwise and find it to be just the right size for long term cruising for a single or couple. I know some people may think that she is ugly, but beauty in the eyes of the beholder, and I can certainly get used to her looks.

You never know till you try.
492.126 Ft. or less.

It’s not a requirement, but the consequential liabilities of the Manatee’s substantial cross-section are greatly offset by at least one strong thruster, especially in narrow fairways or docking situations in winds of 15 or more knots. Just outside the pilothouse doors are mid-ships cleats where posts or dock line springs are made easy. I find this all that’s necessary to trap the vessel well enough to get other lines secured. I single hand, even with my wife aboard. Rarely an issue. Setting up lines & fenders ahead of time, staying aware of wind speed & direction, having a dock plan, and understanding the use of prop wash and/or thrusters are all key points. Once you’ve got a knot of speed flowing under your keel, directional stability is no challenge.

These are wonderful boats.

Back
Top Bottom