Just Started my Trawlering Phase!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geoleo

Dear trawler people------Picked up my new to me 1982 Marine trader 34ft Double Cabin named "Norma Jean" in Stuart Florida last Tuesday . Fueled up and proceeded across Okeechobee Watererway . Tearing along at 7.8 to 8.2 mph we made it to home dock in Clearwater Beach at 10:30 PM Friday evening. We anchored every night and went the last 84 miles offshore into a lumpty 2-4ft sea with a 9mph MW headwind left over from Thursdays cold front. Everything worked perfectly on this 35yo boat with its original 120 Lehman. The boat came with a nearly new Flybridge Enclosure that has perfect engineering and quality! Maine made naturally! Stay tuned. :hide:

Congrats on a successful trip.

Congrats on your new boat. Don’t forget on the Lehman 120s that you need to change the injector pump oil every 50 hours. The Lehman will run forever if you take care of it.

No pics so it didn't happen! Cruising in the dark?:nonono::nonono::nonono:

Congratulations anyway.

Congratulations! Now the fun begins.

Ted

Yay! Congrats! Love mine and you will love yours too!

Excellent and let the journey begin.

Great way to start out and gain confidence with your new vessel. Where to next?

Congrats, and show us some pics!

Welcome and congrats! Please share what you've learned so far.

Great way to start out and gain confidence with your new vessel. Where to next?
Bought this boat to explore the NW Florida coast from Clearwater to Appalachicola. Expressly wanted a single reliable engine with a protected prop as I will probably run aground occasionally plus anchor out mo:socool:stly.

...Tearing along at 7.8 to 8.2 mph we made it to home dock in Clearwater Beach at 10:30 PM Friday evening. ..

How big/tall is your wake while moving at your apparent maximum speed of 8 knots? :flowers::dance:

Bought this boat to explore the NW Florida coast from Clearwater to Appalachicola. Expressly wanted a single reliable engine with a protected prop as I will probably run aground occasionally plus anchor out mo:socool:stly.

Keel-protected propeller and rudder was also high-criteria in selecting my boat too. :) San Francisco Bay/Delta has lots of shallows, fortunately most mud bottoms. :D Although know twin-engine boaters that have had propeller/shaft damage. :eek:

No pics so it didn't happen!

I know that boat. Digging around, I even found a few pics. Here's one:
4339-albums438-picture4242.jpg

That bimini enclosure is the best! Almost new, and that sunshade all the way around makes all the difference.

You got a great boat. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom