June 16 in Carquinez Strait

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
img_3622_0_dfec8dc411ea8eb05a8407b2a4960db7.jpg

img_3622_1_b5573c09d13d4e95c92f4a74fa584bf5.jpg

img_3622_2_06031a7b5ba57a412a403cdfae3159dc.jpg

img_3622_3_27a6e5df114dcfded2b55a6d99f68fcf.jpg

Man you must be enjoying life now Mark. You plotted and planned and dreamed for that boat for sooo long. Now you're livin' the dream eh? She looks fantastic.

Great Stuff,* Wish I had sails to play with!* A new boat would be nice TOO.

Enjoy the Honeymoon.**** JohnP

Ahhhhhhh...I can almost smell that mix of salt air and new boat smell from here.

I'll be passing nearby at the mouth of the Napa around 12:30 Thursday on my way to Angel Island. I'll keep a keen eye out for a green and yellow sail-tug!
biggrin.gif

-- Edited by FlyWright on Saturday 18th of June 2011 10:36:41 AM

It's nice to see that it's all happening for you just as you envisioned.* Keep the photos coming, you have an awesome boat.* Looking at the background in some of the photos brings back lot's of memory's of wonderful days spent on the water in the Bay Area.* It looks like the Mothball fleet in one, and it reminds me of the time I was sturgeon fishing there, when I heard what I thought was a low flying jet plane, and moments later Howard Arneson FLEW by in his twin turbine engine Skaker Cat, doing probably over 100mph.* At the time, he was in his 70's and loved blasting around the bay showing off, and spouting flames out the exhaust.* He once told me the flames were strictly for show, he injected fuel directly into the exhaust, and it was quite the sight (and sound).* Ah yes, fun days.* Enjoy the new toy, and keep posting photos............Arctic Traveller

FlyWright wrote:
I'll be passing nearby at the mouth of the Napa around 12:30 Thursday on my way to Angel Island. I'll keep a keen eye out for a green and yellow sail-tug!
biggrin.gif
*Just might be there.**Perhaps you'll get the chance to hear the sound of Coot's horns reverberating underneath the Carquinez bridges.* Awesome!*
<table class="genmed" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="middle" height="30">*</td><td valign="middle" height="30"><table class="genmed" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="middle" height="30"><table class="genmed" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td width="40">
party.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td valign="middle" height="30">*</td></tr></tbody></table>
img_53308_2_385158035432a8c82a334839b129a02e.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Arctic Traveller wrote:
of memory's of wonderful days spent on the water in the Bay Area.* It looks like the Mothball fleet in one, and it reminds me of the time I was sturgeon fishing there, ...
*We passed by one boat fishing in the strait and they pulled up a sturgeon about five feet long.* Sturgeon fishing in the area has been extraordinarily good this year.* I've read that a lot of oversized fish have been caught and released (there are upper and lower size limits on sturgeon).

Back
Top Bottom