Jabsco Quiet Flush Electric Toilet 37045 Series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimW

Vessel Name
CLASSEA
Vessel Make
1988 Defever 41
I have an inconsistent flow into the bowl when filling it with water, sometimes I have 10% flow others 100% any thoughts . . . Water pressure and flow not a problem at any other outlet including the same Head in the guest quarters . . . Any thoughts/solutions appreciated.

Standing by - Jim

Freshwater version yes? There's a solenoid in the fill line; if it's not fully opening sometimes that could maybe cause your symptom.

Another factor is your freshwater pump, which will likely cycling on and off. When the pump is off (maybe while drawing an accumulator tank down, if you have one of those too) you'd see lower water pressure than when the pump is on.

I could imagine some sort of floating blockage in the fill hose, but... din't think I'd look for that first.

-Chris

What ranger42 said. I few whacks with a mallet has gotten mine flowing again. Jabsco has an instructional video for cleaning the solenoid.

Should have an anti siphon vacuum valve in the fresh water line too. Somewhere close to the toilet.
They can clog or leak.

I think I'm not aware of one. Not sure what it would do... Freshwater enters the toilet via all the little holes just under the rim...

-Chris

Chris, I have a Raritan SeaEra fresh water toilet. The FW line runs from the sink to the solenoid then up to the anti-siphon valve then down to the toilet. The anti-siphon is mounted higher than the toilet. The idea is that when the solenoid opens the water pressure closes the anti-siphon valve and water flows to the toilet. When the solenoid closes the water draining to the toilet opens the anti-siphon valve and any water in the line between the valve and toilet drains down to the toilet. Think a vented loop.
Keeps the creepy crawlies out of the fresh water system.
Maybe Peggy can give a better explanation.
We kept getting water in the cabinet under the sink. Couldn't find a leak at the sink but figured out it was coming from the valve. It wasn't closing tight. You can take them apart and clean them but for the price I could put one together and just swap it out.

Chris, I have a Raritan SeaEra fresh water toilet.

I think that's the difference. Freshwater toilets don't have that whole sea water thing going on...

-Chris

The solenoid for the Jabsco is in a different location than it is on the SeaEra...on the Jabsco it's in a vented loop on the intake line above the toilet. (I discovered yesterday that Jabsco now has a combination siphon break (essentially a vented loop)/solenoid.

--Peggie

(Ye gods that[s a huge "thumbnail" photo!)

Attachments

• jabsco solenoid & siphon breaker.jpeg
    jabsco solenoid & siphon breaker.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I have an inconsistent flow into the bowl when filling it with water, sometimes I have 10% flow others 100% any thoughts . . . Water pressure and flow not a problem at any other outlet including the same Head in the guest quarters . . . Any thoughts/solutions appreciated.

Standing by - Jim

Check the connections on the solenoid. I have had this exact problem twice and both times it turned out to be a poor connection at the two terminals on the solenoid.
The combination shown in Peggie’s photo above is exactly what I have.

Ken

Last edited:
I've got that same toilet and as Peggy has shown and Ken has said, that solenoid valve is there -- and the problem is most likely, too. Either the connections or, more likely, the valve. I'd order a new one, pull it, and see if it is easy like crud or connections. But, more than likely, it won't be fixable or worth it and you can just replace it. If you can fix it, you can return the new part.

Only other thing is to check the line at elbows. Sometimes flat junk can get stuck and change orientations like a damper leading to a problem like the one you describe.

I would not recommend "whacking" the solenoid. Maybe a light tap.
I used to work as an engineer in a factory that designed and built solenoid valves. They may not take a hard hit very kindly.
Most can be taken apart and cleaned. You might need to replace an o ring.
I recommend NOT using Teflon tape, but if you must, leave the first 2 threads bare.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom