It's time for a Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ptoliver

My last sailboat is gone, looking for a pilothouse trawler in the 42 to 46' range. 80's is OK if hours are good. Anyone have a Bayliner 4550 or 4588? Nice layout, but have no experience with Hino diesels. Any suggestions would be welcome.

My last sailboat is gone, looking for a pilothouse trawler in the 42 to 46' range. 80's is OK if hours are good. Anyone have a Bayliner 4550 or 4588? Nice layout, but have no experience with Hino diesels. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Hi. Welcome to TF. You'll find plenty of bayliners for sale on yachtworld.com . You can also try boatrader.com.
I dont have experience with hinos but I hear they are great motors with plenty of parts availability. Some bayliners have cummins motors in them which are desirable as well.

Last edited:

Great boat. Don't overlook the 4788...bigger cockpit is the most obvious change.

There are a lot of upgrades in the 4788 compared to the 45xx. I would try for one of them if they are in your budget. The engine room in any of them is very tight.

Unreliable memory says the 4588 had a cored hull, the 4788 was solid. There`s a 4588 on my marina, the Hinos are not an issue as such but access is tight.

I think that they all have cored hulls, but I am not an expert so I may be wrong. Sure that somebody here knows for sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom