It's official. I'm a trawler owner.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful.

What is your hull maintenance cycle plan?

My sunglasses are on! Looken Good!!

She's going to look and feel like a new boat, Scott! Beautiful shine!

Update:
Hoping to splash on Thursday. Hull is polished and wax is going on today. New carpets and cushions being installed. New mast installed. Hydraulic pump is now mounted on engine and a new belt guard is installed on the 5.9. New rub rail will be installed at the slip.
Hoping for no new issues!
Oh, wow, beautiful. Nothing better than a nice bright red hull. We had one on a Tasman 20 Trailer yacht, many moons ago.
Ok, no excuse now, Captain Bligh, for not changing that 'disturbing' avatar pic. She deserves to be up there - and more in posts as well. :D

Found this old photo I had recently scanned in. Brings back happy memories of when the kids were young. No surprise why we called her Princess Leia... :smitten:

Attachments

• IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Oh, wow, beautiful. Nothing better than a nice bright red hull. We had one on a Tasman 20 Trailer yacht, many moons ago.
Ok, no excuse now, Captain Bligh, for not changing that 'disturbing' avatar pic. She deserves to be up there - and more in posts as well. :D

Ditto. :iagree:

P.S. - She's beautiful.

Got a good look at it yesterday. She looks great! Are you going to be here on Thursday?

Whoa! Gorgeous work. It's probably better that mine will never look like that. I'm just too afraid I'd damage it.

Update:
Hoping to splash on Thursday. Hull is polished and wax is going on today. New carpets and cushions being installed. New mast installed. Hydraulic pump is now mounted on engine and a new belt guard is installed on the 5.9. New rub rail will be installed at the slip.
Hoping for no new issues!

Wow....that's really pretty!

Congrats Mr. Bligh. She looks like a fine ship.

Great color and name, way to go!

Hey Scott, sorry about tying up the lift. Bad day! Got Down East Yankee is back in the water late afternoon and I helped Allen get Frisky ready to go. You going to be around tomorrow? If not, I'll get some pictures of the splash.

Even though my day was less than wonderful and you drove 2 1/2 hours to see your boat launched and didn't get it in, someone comes along and reminds us that it could be worse. Like this poor guy that stuck his pretty tug in the mud close to high tide after you left. That is the channel at the end of Band C dock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 59
Here's that tug. So now you know, stay away from that levy road.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 77
Hey Scott, sorry about tying up the lift. Bad day! Got Down East Yankee is back in the water late afternoon and I helped Allen get Frisky ready to go. You going to be around tomorrow? If not, I'll get some pictures of the splash.

Even though my day was less than wonderful and you drove 2 1/2 hours to see your boat launched and didn't get it in, someone comes along and reminds us that it could be worse. Like this poor guy that stuck his pretty tug in the mud close to high tide after you left. That is the channel at the end of Band C dock.

I dont mind that you needed the lift today. What I do mind is me driving 2.5 hours only to find out from a customer (you) that I'm getting delayed. One short phone call from the Ladd's could have saved me a 6 hour round trip. You can bet I was seething on my 2.5 hour drive back home. I dont really have anything nice to say about Ladd's. (Acutally that is the nicest thing I can say about them)

Thank you everyone for the kind comments. Frisky is almost three months into her overhaul. We are chomping at the bit to get our boat back. Weekly trips to the 'yard' have only added more stress to my life. Hopefully we will be back at our marina by next weekend where life is much more relaxing. Ill post more pictures then!

Last edited:
I missed the splash. Had my head in the engine room and when I looked up, Frisky was already tied up. Looking good! Put on the rub rails and shiny trim pieces, she'll be ready for the photo shoot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 64
Thanks. Its been a long search. It's funny that I originally wanted this boat to begin with, but wrote it off due to its cost. I then searched and searched and finally came back around to this model. I happenned to choose this one due to its cost.

It really is true that every boat is a compromise. The two major compromises I had to make were ; 1) I wanted a sailboat and 2) price. But all my other needs and wants were fulfilled by this boat. When making my decision I made a list just like all have recommended with wants and needs, then I sat down and chose the boat that best fit that list from all the boats I had looked at over the last 7 months.

I sorry to have to tell you this but a Nordic tug is not a sailboat.....:lol:

Whats funny is i was looking for a sailboat and am now leaning heavy towards a trawler with at least a 4,000 mile range.:facepalm:

I sorry to have to tell you this but a Nordic tug is not a sailboat.....:lol:

I know it's not a sailboat. That's why I said it was one of the major compromises I had to make. (you even quoted it)

"The two major compromises I had to make were ; 1) I wanted a sailboat"

Regardless, 2 years into ownership, I am convinced i made the correct decision going with a trawler over a sailboat. We really enjoy the amenities, the outside views from the interior spaces, and the interior space that our boat provides over a sailboat. YMMV

I am guessing we know each other from Sailing anarchy and our friend Rimas!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom