Interlux Brightside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seattleboatguy

Vessel Name
Slow Bells
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 38
Anyone use Brightside on your main deck? If so, how many coats, and how long did it last? I'm sure Interlux Perfection would be better, but good grief, that stuff is expensive.

I use Intelux Interdeck....which I believe is interlux brightside with the nonskid and flattening already in it.

Looks good lasts about 2 years, at that point the gray is faded, still pretty anti skid but looking worn. Boat is a liveaboard

Beauty is, a quick scrub, rspe and paint... good as new.

I find perfection to be cheaper in the long run than bright side, unless you are planing to sell right after painting.

The PO of my boat did everything from the rail up in Brightside/Interdeck about 8 years ago. It's held up well. I've touched up a few places and am going to repaint the decks soon, but as psneeld noted, I don't anticipate it being a big ordeal. Great Lakes.

Following.
I just used Brightsides for the deck of my upper steering station. Very interested in other experiences before I continue on to more exposed areas. Soo easy to work with and produce a beautiful result.

Personally I've only used Brightsides as boot stripe paint. But I'll second it being easy to work with. For re-coating, it's typically just scuff, wipe, paint and it's good for a few more years.

Anyone use Brightside on your main deck? If so, how many coats, and how long did it last? I'm sure Interlux Perfection would be better, but good grief, that stuff is expensive.

In the past I used Brightside on my topsides but it fades after a few years. Takes a minimum of two coats to get consistant coverage. It is very thin.

Also used it with Intergrip non skid additive on walking surfaces and that does'nt seem to show the fade as much because of the texture.

I started using System Three water based two-part WR-LPU Polyurethane paint two years ago on topsides. It goes on easily, seems tough and water cleanup is a plus. Also applied it to walking surfaces with Intergrip non skid mixed with the paint.

Polyurethane paints are supposed to be longer lasting, we will see how long it keeps the shine.

Back
Top Bottom