Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of boat is this? I feel like I should recognize it and be able to identify it, can't. $15K Buy it Now in Alameda.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Liveaboard-Trawler-Boat-45-1970/114203016709

s-l1600.jpg

Looks relatively clean. Perhaps it’s in decent condition. Buy it. Put as little money as possible into it. Use it for 2-3 years, then sell it also for $15k or perhaps sink it as an artificial reef.

Any guesses what that thing is sticking out of the side of the bow?

Looks ferrocement.

I take that back. I can see the matting print through when I see a higher resolution photo.

Being that the new pictures are 3 years old, it is for sale with some one suffixing their name with "artist", and that it has to be removed from the marina, I will take a hard pass.

The cabin is vaguely similar to a Bluewater. But the bald clipper bow hull and sheer break isn't.

Last edited:
Having to guess, a hawsepipe stand-off to keep the anchor or rode from chafing the bow?

You’re way off. It’s a ramming horn like what Captain Nemo has on his ferrocement boat when he was in California

Relisted as an auction starting at $9k.

Just curious about the boat. Don't want to buy it. I thought the windows looked familiar or something. There's another boat in a local marina that does the same thing to me. I think I should know what it is but can't identify it. I don't want it either.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRAWLER-BOAT-45-LIVEABOARD/114212575293

Way too many unanswered question that could have been answered in the listing.
For pictures, more is better especially if one cleans up the pictured area. A couple pics of the ER sure would be nice too.
For an owner who really want to sell his boat, he's not really trying.

I wonder why it MUST be moved to another marina.
Per the windows, they dont bother me. I keep the blinds drawn on my AT.

If I were looking for a low priced boat, assuming everything works, I would consider this as a good starter boat.

Here's a real gem that just needs a little bit of elbow grease to restore it to all its glory...
https://mobile.craigslist.org/boa/d/aransas-pass-1958-us-navy-minesweeper/7115084989.html

The seller is offering $75,000 in "cold hard cash." I’m not sure that’s enough money to take it away, strip off the tons of asbestos, lead paint, oils, etc., and then scrap the hull… all in EPA approved hazardous materials disposal sites[/I][/COLOR]"
00n0n_dunX9Lx8WP0_600x450.jpg

Here's a real gem that just needs a little bit of elbow grease to restore it to all its glory...
https://mobile.craigslist.org/boa/d/aransas-pass-1958-us-navy-minesweeper/7115084989.html

The seller is offering $75,000 in "cold hard cash." I’m not sure that’s enough money to take it away, strip off the tons of asbestos, lead paint, oils, etc., and then scrap the hull… all in EPA approved hazardous materials disposal sites[/I][/COLOR]"
00n0n_dunX9Lx8WP0_600x450.jpg

Love the condition description of "fair"
Kind of like when I lived in New Zealand and bought a car and found out "tidy" condition was not a car I wanted!
HOLLYWOOD

I imagine it's the 1966 part. She probably doesn't show up in a lot of searches. Might make insurance and/or financing pretty tough, too.

I'm one of those guys who is not into mainstream boats - I love esoteric and unique characters. So coming from me I would say this boat, which is both esoteric and has a "unique" look to it (no, I didn't say "ugly"), will sell when the price drops below, way below, 100k.

The problem that sellers have is that they judge the value of their custom boat by how much money they've put into it. As lots of people have commented on TF, custom boats have low resale. Custom steel boats even lower. Custom wood boats....

Last edited:
For me, the changes I would want can be manageable.
Negatives:
Engine in a box in the saloon.

I dont need a 2nd boat and I am satisfied with my AT

Things I would change: Maybe a bit more
hyd stabilizers
Black water tank and toilet
Reverse cycle A/C (would require a 2nd 30amp cord)
wrong coast for me.

OldDan-

Back
Top Bottom