Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Currently tied up next to this beauty. Kinda feels like our KK54’s father.

“Fortitude, I am your father!”

Kinda makes me want to go to the dark side (a woody).

IMG_4959.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4951.jpg
    IMG_4951.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 138
I dont understand the lay out of the helm

Exactly what I was thinking. I guess the thought was to maintain a minimum profile while keeping the lower deck head clearance. Nanni with a direct drive though.... :confused: For sure, an interesting vessel.

Am I the only one here that think that boat seems cheap for it's year and size?

Kind of like a diesel duck that has been modernized.. or at least modern style.
HOLLYWOOD

Yes, I was thinking that also. It is hard to describe this boat. Not Trawler??

I've got a bunch of photos of that boat when she was for sale. There's a lot to like about that one!!

I really do like the outside design. Exterior, could use some changes. Engine room.... no pictures
Also, some mods need for east coast.....

Wifey B: I just laugh when people describe boats or cars as ugly or butt ugly. Sort of insulting to someone else's tastes but ok. Still just a reminder.

A few butt ugly cars, at least called that by many initially.

VW Beetle

Chrysler PT Cruiser

Morris Minor

There are more, but those are ones that come to mind that were great successes despite the early detractors. :D

Wifey B: I just laugh when people describe boats or cars as ugly or butt ugly. Sort of insulting to someone else's tastes but ok. Still just a reminder.

A few butt ugly cars, at least called that by many initially.

VW Beetle

Chrysler PT Cruiser

Morris Minor

There are more, but those are ones that come to mind that were great successes despite the early detractors. :D

I'm pretty sure the PT Cruiser counts as a marketing success more than anything. It's not attractive and it's a borderline POS in other ways, but they did a great job of convincing people they wanted it.

Another example of design failure, another (nearly) butt ugly boat.

She's no beauty, but that wasn't what caught my eye. I laughed out loud when I saw the bow wave. Can you imagine that bathtub trying to punch into any kind of head sea? Couldn't be done.

Design failure is right. "Wave-making resistance, what's that? And anyway, who the hell cares?" :rofl:

I'm pretty sure the PT Cruiser counts as a marketing success more than anything. It's not attractive and it's a borderline POS in other ways, but they did a great job of convincing people they wanted it.

Wifey B: For at least a while, it saved Chrysler. You say it's not attractive, but many people loved it. I think it was sort of cute. :)

Not often one views the workings of interesting boats that serve to be of assistance to boaters of all size and configuration. Perhaps a moment to thank them for their unique service as you view one example underway in conditions. It qualifys as an "Interesting boat" one would believe.-

If I remember , this Abeille (or one sister ship) had structural problem during their trial , frame on the fore part...

Back
Top Bottom