Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This 1983 Defever 49 is for sale and is currently in the water at my marina. If anyone wants me to put an extra set of eyes on it then PM me. I'd be happy to help. From my swim platform I can see her slip! BIG boat. Very seaworthy looking. I think $10-15k and a good DIY new owner would make this old girl sing again. Lol

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1983/defever-pilot-house-3560567/

Always loved that 49’. It’s a masculine, brutish vessel with style.

This 1983 Defever 49 is for sale and is currently in the water at my marina. If anyone wants me to put an extra set of eyes on it then PM me. I'd be happy to help. From my swim platform I can see her slip! BIG boat. Very seaworthy looking. I think $10-15k and a good DIY new owner would make this old girl sing again. Lol

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1983/defever-pilot-house-3560567/

Very tired. I don't keep up with prices, but if this is below market, that is the reason. Needs someone young and foolish.

Very tired. I don't keep up with prices, but if this is below market, that is the reason. Needs someone young and foolish.

Twin engines: X
Volvo’s: X
Last refresh 12 years ago: X
Interior “tired”: X

Hmm, four strikes and you’re out.

If price drops to low 100’s then you could be looking at a good deal.

It is a really beautiful boat. Scary discolored wood under the windows. Wonder if that panel by the stairs was replaced? Wood all over the boat is neglected, needs time and money, maybe lots.

Here's one. If 49' isn't enough, this one is 53.

Bebee design, Nordhavn style, ferrocement, Rolls Royce engine, someone put 10,000 hours on it. All for $7500, or less.

https://pensacola.craigslist.org/boa/d/pensacola-53-nordahaven-style/6935981644.html

00w0w_703VrCn5OQj_600x450.jpg

Exactly which Nordhavn is it styled after?
I didn't know Rolls Royce made diesel engines. Does that mean you pay rolls royce prices for spare parts?
I suspect his asking price is what he owes in dock fees and his dock neighbors would be elated to see that boat leave the dock neighborhood.

… with possible owner financing … if you have that much credit.

Fill out the form, we know where to file it. And promise we'll never see you or the boat again.

A couple buckets of paint, new sheets, Hemingway hat, bottle of rum, head out for the world. What more could you possibly ask for?

Last edited:
More deadrise on the quarter panel as you go aft. Usually it’s the other way around.
Very strange design by that alone.
And ferro-cement dosn’t lend itself to flat surfaces. More strange.

I’d suspect a bad design and pass. But who’s got the time to investigate? probably someone w only $7,500.

Shes only 49 ft ;)

If I had a 49' boat, I could empty out my store room into the boat.
I say that knowing it all fit on a 46'.

Ever notice how a boat is a puzzle? Example: the galley. Everything has its special place and you better put it back there when finished. You try to modify the placement of things, things just dont fit. SMILE

Offer to take it for free, strip it and sell off everything, then sink it as an artificial reef. Sounds like a fun project during one's retirement.

Lol, 'Nordahaven style.' That's cute.

Quite a few rolls Royce powered trawlers and cruisers in our part of the world.
Can't be that bad.

Very nice OA50 MK1 that has been extended. Possibly overpowered but can’t complain about any repower at that age. Brian on Insequent may know more about its history.

That is a Nordhavn style like my neighbor’s old Buick is Ferrari-style.

Never underestimate an Ol' Buick!! LOL

We love our 1967 Wildcat, 430 cid / 400hp. Came at 360 hp / 495 fp torque from factory. 10K miles ago [at her orig 125K miles since new... Super pro rebuild added 40 hp +/-; a bit more torque too I'm sure.

Our "Ghost" [same as orig color - Total Artic White new paint a month ago] is a Comfortable, Fun, Fast auto.

All power everything... with frosty AC. Ghost is Our "Luxo Muscle Car"!!

Never underestimate an Ol' Buick!! LOL

We love our 1967 Wildcat, 430 cid / 400hp. Came at 360 hp / 495 fp torque from factory. 10K miles ago [at her orig 125K miles since new... Super pro rebuild added 40 hp +/-; a bit more torque too I'm sure.

Our "Ghost" [same as orig color - Total Artic White new paint a month ago] is a Comfortable, Fun, Fast auto.

All power everything... with frosty AC. Ghost is Our "Luxo Muscle Car"!!

Pictures, we need pictures...!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom