Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting boats - the solar sailor

When I had the pleasure of cruising the Hawkesbury River for three months last summer (Feb,Mar,April 2018) I noticed this this craft moored nearby to one of my favourite anchorages.
I went over in the tender and spoke to the owner, she has electric motors and initially was intended for duties as a ferry.The solar panels are computer aligned for maximum solar.
Regardless of the initial intended purpose of the vessel I thought it looked a fantastic live-aboard.

Attachments

• DSC03193 (Small).JPG
    DSC03193 (Small).JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC03194 (Small).JPG
    DSC03194 (Small).JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC03195 (Small).JPG
    DSC03195 (Small).JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC03196 (Small).JPG
    DSC03196 (Small).JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC03197 (Small).JPG
    DSC03197 (Small).JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC03198 (Small).JPG
    DSC03198 (Small).JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 115
Oh my. That thing is awesome. And huge.

A bit above the St Lucie lock on the Okeechobee waterway.

tmp_10651-20181111_0940502580254505633974016.jpg

"Honey Fitz ", the presidential yacht during the age of Camelot. It's in need of some varnish work, but still a head turner.

Ted

I went over in the tender and spoke to the owner, she has electric motors and initially was intended for duties as a ferry.The solar panels are computer aligned for maximum solar.
Regardless of the initial intended purpose of the vessel I thought it looked a fantastic live-aboard.
Absolutely, I often look at the Brisbane City cats and think the same
I wonder what sort of range, if any, the get from the electric engines?

CityCat.jpg

When I had the pleasure of cruising the Hawkesbury River for three months last summer (Feb,Mar,April 2018) I noticed this this craft moored nearby to one of my favourite anchorages.
I see expensive maintenance nightmare. Looks like it needs to be pulled out and have a bottom clean and fresh antifoul.

I see expensive maintenance nightmare. Looks like it needs to be pulled out and have a bottom clean and fresh antifoul.
If you disregard the odd appearance created by the variable solar panel alignment it doesn`t look so odd. Hauling out could be an issue due to width but I think the cradle at my marina (Dolphin)would be wide enough and have the weight capacity.

If you disregard the odd appearance created by the variable solar panel alignment it doesn`t look so odd. Hauling out could be an issue due to width but I think the cradle at my marina (Dolphin)would be wide enough and have the weight capacity.
Yer in the land of cats. The US hasn't taken to them as well. :facepalm:

OK it's a yacht I guess but certainly interesting.
A trimaran with a deep keel (with a bulb no less), three engines (a saildrive and twin outboards) and a coffee grinder on the bow that would make tacking a little difficult.
13029-albums791-picture4878.html

13029-albums791-picture4877.html

13029-albums791-picture4876.html

Cruiser or Destroyer?

This is an interesting long range cruiser of the low D/L variety. Powered to hull speed with a 75hp diesel. Very luxurious inside. The builder was approached while cruising off the coast of Mexico in one of these. The Mexican coast guard wanted to know why the US military was in their waters.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 8.12.51 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 8.12.51 AM.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 98
  • LRC58-007-perspective-views.jpg
    LRC58-007-perspective-views.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 103
Space Cadet, nice looking boat.
I wonder how it is finished inside and the ER layout.
AND price.

Greetings,
Mr. G. Re: post #6315. GOOD GRIEF!

200w.gif

Interesting is the mildest description....This being a family site I will refrain from a more colorful response.

That link doesn’t work for me. And I’m really interested in inspecting a TT35. [emoji23]

That link doesn’t work for me. And I’m really interested in inspecting a TT35. [emoji23]

SORRY, this is the best I can do. Hope this helps.

The TT35 is now available for Sea Trials

For everyone who has been waiting for a chance to view the TT35 in person, now is your chance. Through the coming winter, hull #4 will be cruising the state of Florida, with opportunities for on-water viewings. As is usually the case with boats, exact times and places may change based on cruising plans and the weather. So instead of posting a pre-determined schedule, we're encouraging anyone with a strong interested in the boat to get in touch with us to make plans for a personal showing. In addition, we're always open to hosting anyone who stops by our yard in Gainesville for an inside look at how we build the TT35. To learn more, just drop us a line or call Pierce Hoover at 407 488 2253.

Just in case anyone wanted a second peak

Attachments

• 34341949-1801-459F-A09F-C2866DF42D36.jpg
    34341949-1801-459F-A09F-C2866DF42D36.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 100
The TT35 is now available for Sea Trials_

“The Great Harbor N37 is the best value in today's trawler market.”

Wow $300k for a 35ft X 10ft fiberglass BOAT, not a yacht, with a couple of gas outboards.... and that represents a “best value”!

I admit that I’m out of touch with the retail boat market in America, but if they have already sold three and are now on #4, then more power to them.

“The Great Harbor N37 is the best value in today's trawler market.”

Wow $300k for a 35ft X 10ft fiberglass BOAT, not a yacht, with a couple of gas outboards.... and that represents a “best value”!

I admit that I’m out of touch with the retail boat market in America, but if they have already sold three and are now on #4, then more power to them.

makobuilder - the N37 is a 37ft x 16ft boat with twin inboard Yanmars.

Greetings,
Mr. G. Re: post #6315. GOOD GRIEF!

200w.gif

Interesting is the mildest description....This being a family site I will refrain from a more colorful response.

Come on RT. You know a playboy boat when you see them. :lol: That boat is for showing off how many shallow females can mooch off one man. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom