Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dry exhaust on the Gardner?

Might get a little hot in the ER.

Thunderbird on Lake Tahoe.

IMG_6455.jpg

More about her: https://thunderbirdtahoe.org/index.php/yacht-history

It’s always been a 60 knot boat. Not sure which would be louder, the Kermaths or the Allisons.

Last edited:
Only the western side, the eastern side is more Idaho!
Unfortunately the salty water is only on the West side..

HOLLYWOOD

Solution: regarding the Cascade Curtain.
Live on the East, sail on the West.

Cool looking boat. 22000 hours on the engine?
The description says motors( only one main, ?typo or the 2 gensets rebuilt as well) during the big refit. Even so 22000 is a lot of hours, good advert for Scania?
Redoing paint after another blast made me wonder if the 6mm of steel is still 6mm.
Norman Wright is well regarded here.

Don’t know if this has been posted before, but it’s pretty interesting IMO!

https://www.boats.com/power-boats/1997-custom-59-8076467/

There's a lot to like on that boat until you get to the air draft. Clearly it's more of an inland near coastal cruiser. They talk about it being a great Looper. Apparently the ad writer doesn't understand that a 21' air draft isn't going to get you across the Erie canal, the Champlain canal, or past Joliet Illinois.

Ted

There's a lot to like on that boat until you get to the air draft. Clearly it's more of an inland near coastal cruiser. They talk about it being a great Looper. Apparently the ad writer doesn't understand that a 21' air draft isn't going to get you across the Erie canal, the Champlain canal, or past Joliet Illinois.

Ted

The air draft doesn't look that high in pictures, maybe my sense of scale is off, but I suspect you could remove radar, search light and be much closer to 18', that would allow for the eastern half of the Erie and the Trent Severn I believe.

Blackwell is a very highly regarded boatyard in the sportfishing world. A departure from their usual stuff for sure.

Last edited:
I like how they added the bow thruster after the first trip. ?

I would need bow, stern and mid thrusters to dock that boat. Plus, how do you handle lines all the way up in that pilot house?

Still pretty coo tho.

The air draft doesn't look that high in pictures, maybe my sense of scale is off, but I suspect you could remove radar, search light and be much closer to 18', that would allow for the eastern half of the Erie and the Trent Severn I believe.

Blackwell is a very highly regarded boatyard in the sportfishing world. A departure from their usual stuff for sure.

From the ad:

She is Great Loop friendly with the VHF antenna lowered easily clears 21’ bridge height.

If you have to clear everything off the roof and can't do parts of the Loop, don’t think that qualifies as Great Loop Friendly.

Ted

From the ad:

She is Great Loop friendly with the VHF antenna lowered easily clears 21’ bridge height.

If you have to clear everything off the roof and can't do parts of the Loop, don’t think that qualifies as Great Loop Friendly.

Ted

Agreed. And if she's truly 21 feet tall without stripping the roof, she can't do the loop at all. No way to avoid going under a 19'6" bridge...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom