Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having a boat with the second level, in use 365 days a year in all conditions, let me say that real life experience is that windage and stability for us is a non issue
With 4 ft extra beam it would be less again.

But the sleeping up top with plenty of ventilation and no a/c required vs for the rest of you, sleeping in the bowels of the beast with a hot engine for company.....priceless.

My bowels could use some more ventilation for sure.

iu

Topsy Turvy 2020!

Cops came and arrested all persons at a big family gathering where all were smoking pot.

Arrest warrants said nothing about the pot. But rather, about the too many at the gathering.

I guess that is funny??!!

Great looking foreign language speaking couple decided to have crazy, wild SEX!

Gal at firs smirks - akomadoasida!

Guy smiling replies - ftbojmojnodaj!!

Gal winces and mentions - trpokilmtyjid...

Guy angrily says - nondirwelpotail!!

Gal yells while stripping - yuonodotoogoodanyway!!!!

This proves beyond a doubt...

No matter if you actually can't understand what's being said about SEX - You'll always do your best to read it!! - LOL

Face it:

1. Air needed
2. Water needed
3. Food needed
4. Warmth needed

SEX - REQUIRED! :D

Modern yacht built in classic style.

[youtube]8hQ_6ehmXns[/youtube]

Quite nice.

However... Don't particularly like the pilot station or the stern cushioned seat "platform" with many pillows. Seems the captain is a bit removed from seeing forward of bow... into sea conditions and for docking circumstances.

Looks beautiful underway. Would think range should be more than the mentioned 2000 miles at 10 knot cruise. Liters mentioned calcs out to 26 gallons per hr. Which means, 5,200 usable gallons - keeping a 520 gallon reserve. Wonder what fuel usage is at WOT doing 13 knots mentioned?

Yacht NADAN near West Palm early this year.

Attachments

• 20200203_BeautifulYachtNADAN (Large).jpg
    20200203_BeautifulYachtNADAN (Large).jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 50
Yacht NADAN near West Palm early this year.

I really like boats with fantails. That one is very nice. The above deck superstructure looks like a house that had additions added that didn't look in keeping with the design.

Ted

WWII PT for restoration. Evidentially engines are good and registration up to date.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/boa/d/daly-city-world-warii-pt-boat/7252530536.html

$200 if the engines pass survey.
plus $200 if the hull passes survey.

Sounds like all the plywood needs to be removed down to the ribs. Replace the necessary ribs and use marine plywood, twice.

Maybe someone will make a mold of a PT boat hull and start producing them. SMILE Presto, you are in the boat building business.

No trawler, but interesting nonetheless.

Faerings are small craft of Viking origin. We saw one heading south as we were going north near Namu, on BC's central coast. Winds were light, so they were rowing.

We used to say sea kayaking was like car camping because of all the crap you could take along compared to back packing.

With a Faering, you could pack even more and relax on downwind runs with the sail up...well, probably not very relaxing with winds over 20 knots.

https://www.fyneboatkits.co.uk/kits/rowing/faering-cruiser/

Last edited:
No trawler, but interesting nonetheless.

Faerings are small craft of Viking origin. We saw one heading south as we were going north near Namu, on BC's central coast. Winds were light, so they were rowing.

We used to say sea kayaking was like car camping because of all the crap you could take along compared to back packing.

With a Faering, you could pack even more and relax on downwind runs with the sail up...well, probably not very relaxing with winds over 20 knots.

https://www.fyneboatkits.co.uk/kits/rowing/faering-cruiser/

:thumb:

I like it! That could be a really neat boat for wider canals, gentle rivers, and protected bays and sounds.

Unfortunately I'm no longer under 40 and need to keep those kind of adventure trips to hours, not days.

Ted

Reactions: Art
It is hard to say from the photos what that supposed PT boat really is. At 60 feet it is much too short. THIS is a real PT boat I rode a year ago in Lake Ponchartrain complete with her V-12 Packards. Do I hear and amen?

Attachments

• DSCN1899.jpg
    DSCN1899.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN1905.jpg
    DSCN1905.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN1913.jpg
    DSCN1913.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 55
Fogo Island Punt (Northeastern tip of Newfoundland)

Last edited:
All white AT

The AT is special because you don’t see many all white.
And IMO they look grand all white.

Attachments

• E1C30937-0F0D-4118-BDAE-2FEC808BA308.jpg
    E1C30937-0F0D-4118-BDAE-2FEC808BA308.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Oceanic Pearl 62 ft Malahide with a TS6 Kelvin providing power getting some loving in Brisbane Australia.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_16099842062649706.jpg
    FB_IMG_16099842062649706.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 62
  • FB_IMG_16099841893994597.jpg
    FB_IMG_16099841893994597.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 74
  • FB_IMG_16099841392855101.jpg
    FB_IMG_16099841392855101.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 61
Oceanic Pearl 62 ft Malahide with a TS6 Kelvin providing power getting some loving in Brisbane Australia.

In the second picture, with the man as a reference, it looks like the boat draws about 10' of water. Does it draw that much?

Ted

In the second picture, with the man as a reference, it looks like the boat draws about 10' of water. Does it draw that much?

Ted
Look again
Bottom of keel is at waist height so I would say she draws about what ours does, 7.5ft

Look again
Bottom of keel is at waist height so I would say she draws about what ours does, 7.5ft

Certainly below the waist. Was more curious if you knew the draft or weather the technician was height challenged.

Ted

Certainly below the waist. Was more curious if you knew the draft
I was guessing 7.5 ft
The Malahide 65 " Sovereign of Malahide" advertised on this forum last week draws 6 1/2 ft on some sites
On his own page he claims 5 1/2 ft

Sovereign’s dimensions (64’/19’6”/5 1/2” draft/25’ bridge clearance)

https://www.wallaceyachts.com/

or weather the technician was height challenged.

Ted
Technician???
Really???
Sounds flash.

Last edited:
Technician???
Really???
Sounds flash.

A guy working hard; trying to make a paycheck; probably under appreciated. There were several other terms I could have used, but thought he deserved better.

Ted

Back
Top Bottom