Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #5601
Guru
 
Woodland Hills's Avatar
 
City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: Alzero
Vessel Model: Hatteras 63' CPMY
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Willy View Post
Hills,
How do you know it’s false?
Looks ligit to me.
It looks like a diesel exhaust coming out of the middle of the stack. Besides, if it isn't exhausting steam and gasses from the boilers it's not a smokestack and thus false. Nothing wrong with that and I'm sure it allows for storage and access to the dry exhaust. Unless it's steam powered and I am misviewing the pic on my phone.....
Woodland Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:42 PM   #5602
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
You’d get the same number, wouldn’t you?
While constrained on planet Earth - I succumb [pay homage] to six [6] gods[listed here in order of importance]:

god 1. Air
god 2. Water
god 3. Food
god 4. Warmth
god 5. Shelter

And for god # 6. Linda, my truly incredible wife!

Once I exit from life on Earth I plan to [i.e. hope to] encounter only one God! From whence my soul-energy will travel should be my next grand adventure. And, NO... I do not put faith in or take stock in what humans think is God; nor do I believe anyone knows what will be the next step.

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:24 PM   #5603
Curmudgeon
 
BaltimoreLurker's Avatar
 
City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodland Hills View Post
Maybe, but I'm not so sure the T-boats had that false stack behind the wheelhouse, it seems too cosmetic for the Army to pay for!

Upon further review, maybe not. The sheer line looks wrong forward.
BaltimoreLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:03 PM   #5604
Guru
 
Lou_tribal's Avatar
 
City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
While constrained on planet Earth - I succumb [pay homage] to six [6] gods[listed here in order of importance]:

god 1. Air
god 2. Water
god 3. Food
god 4. Warmth
god 5. Shelter

And for god # 6. Linda, my truly incredible wife!

Once I exit from life on Earth I plan to [i.e. hope to] encounter only one God! From whence my soul-energy will travel should be my next grand adventure. And, NO... I do not put faith in or take stock in what humans think is God; nor do I believe anyone knows what will be the next step.

Common you forgot the 7th one, wine!

L
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:41 PM   #5605
Guru
 
Portage_Bay's Avatar
 
City: Coupeville Wa.
Vessel Name: Pacific Myst
Vessel Model: West Bay 4500
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreLurker View Post
Army T-Boat, maybe?

I don't think it's an Army T-boat. Here are a couple of images of T-boats
Attached Thumbnails
T boat.jpg   Nother T boat.jpg  
Portage_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:48 AM   #5606
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_tribal View Post
Common you forgot the 7th one, wine!

L
Via my own volition, during 43rd yr. of life. Wine, other such embellishments and I permanently parted company 11/24/1995. Never to meet again!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:14 AM   #5607
Guru
 
siestakey's Avatar
 
City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Via my own volition, during 43rd yr. of life. Wine, other such embellishments and I permanently parted company 11/24/1995. Never to meet again!
It was about my 43 year of life I started drinking wine
__________________
Alan
Skype roatan63
siestakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #5608
Guru
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: Shipoopi
Vessel Model: derilic sailboat
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by heysteve View Post
This is my first post so thought I'd make it interesting (not sure my Tolly 34 qualifies though it is nice). This boat has been moored on the Multnomah Channel off the Columbia River for the last year or so. Looks like it's had a hard life. Not captured is the fact it seems to have a very narrow beam so I'm wondering if it used to be a patrol boat.

My imagination has so many ideas running through it for that boat. Unfortunately, my pocketbook says nope. Not even if it were offered for free. The fuel bill on that old girl is probably outrageous. It is a pretty nice hull though. I bet she slips through the water without much disturbance.
__________________
This is my signature line. There are many like it but this one is mine.

What a pain in the transom.

ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:41 AM   #5609
Guru
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: Shipoopi
Vessel Model: derilic sailboat
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Via my own volition, during 43rd yr. of life. Wine, other such embellishments and I permanently parted company 11/24/1995. Never to meet again!

Good for you.



May 16th 2006 for me. The devil's nectar no longer controls my life. Lucky for me, I've been able to keep it together and not fall off the wagon.
__________________
This is my signature line. There are many like it but this one is mine.

What a pain in the transom.

ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #5610
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Good for you.



May 16th 2006 for me. The devil's nectar no longer controls my life. Lucky for me, I've been able to keep it together and not fall off the wagon.
Congrats!! One day at a time!

Sit on hands if needed - and - don't accept straws from others! - LOL
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:13 AM   #5611
Guru
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: Shipoopi
Vessel Model: derilic sailboat
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by heysteve View Post
This is my first post so thought I'd make it interesting (not sure my Tolly 34 qualifies though it is nice). This boat has been moored on the Multnomah Channel off the Columbia River for the last year or so. Looks like it's had a hard life. Not captured is the fact it seems to have a very narrow beam so I'm wondering if it used to be a patrol boat.




I've been looking into this boat for more details on the hull. I think you may be in the PNW area. If so, this could be the boat.


Not much info on her though.
POLAR STAR (IMO 7612008, Trawler) - Ship Details and Current Position | Vessel Tracking


Marine Power & Equipment
__________________
This is my signature line. There are many like it but this one is mine.

What a pain in the transom.

ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:13 AM   #5612
Guru
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: Shipoopi
Vessel Model: derilic sailboat
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Congrats!! One day at a time!

Sit on hands if needed - and - don't accept straws from others! - LOL

Thanks.
__________________
This is my signature line. There are many like it but this one is mine.

What a pain in the transom.

ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #5613
Senior Member
 
City: Rapid City, SD heading back to the PNW
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 212
[QUOTE=ben2go;664929]I've been looking into this boat for more details on the hull. I think you may be in the PNW area. If so, this could be the boat.






ben2go, The Multnomah Channel off the Columbia River is in Oregon.
mramoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:28 AM   #5614
Guru
 
City: Anacortes
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,189
Yes, but she says Seattle for her port. That said, the record posted says she was renamed and if that boat was built in 1974, those were some hard hard years of being run hard and put away wet.

I do like it though.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #5615
Guru
 
OldDan1943's Avatar
 
City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116 2008
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 10,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
My imagination has so many ideas running through it for that boat. Unfortunately, my pocketbook says nope. Not even if it were offered for free. The fuel bill on that old girl is probably outrageous. It is a pretty nice hull though. I bet she slips through the water without much disturbance.
Do not offer $5 unless you really want it.

Why dont folks sell their boats while it still has significant value.
__________________
Two days out the hospital after a week in the hospital because of a significant heart attack.
OldDan1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:43 AM   #5616
Guru
 
MurrayM's Avatar
 
City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Good for you.

May 16th 2006 for me. The devil's nectar no longer controls my life. Lucky for me, I've been able to keep it together and not fall off the wagon.
Hey! It's a meet & greet

July 4, 2010

One equalled many, so had to stop. Fixed costs of boat are pretty much what I used to spend on booze and cigarettes
__________________
"The most interesting path between two points is not a straight line" MurrayM
MurrayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:54 PM   #5617
Guru
 
Airstream345's Avatar
 
City: Friday Harbor, WA USA
Vessel Name: FORTITUDE
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 54-8
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
My imagination has so many ideas running through it for that boat. Unfortunately, my pocketbook says nope. Not even if it were offered for free. The fuel bill on that old girl is probably outrageous. It is a pretty nice hull though. I bet she slips through the water without much disturbance.
Oh yeah, extend the house aft, add a deck upper deck. Dreamy and lots and lot and lots of dollars.
Airstream345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #5618
Guru
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: Shipoopi
Vessel Model: derilic sailboat
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by mramoo View Post
ben2go, The Multnomah Channel off the Columbia River is in Oregon.

That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. Thanks for filling me in.





Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Yes, but she says Seattle for her port. That said, the record posted says she was renamed and if that boat was built in 1974, those were some hard hard years of being run hard and put away wet.

I do like it though.

Oh, I do agree with you. Hard worked, real hard and never put away.

I like those lines as well.





Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDan1943 View Post
Do not offer $5 unless you really want it.

Why dont folks sell their boats while it still has significant value.

I may really want it, but at $5, I still couldn't afford it.

I'll never understand why people hold on to things like that. I have done it myself with somethings of lesser value like autos and motorcycles.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
Hey! It's a meet & greet

July 4, 2010

One equalled many, so had to stop. Fixed costs of boat are pretty much what I used to spend on booze and cigarettes


Replace two addictions with one way better addiction, BOATS!





Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream345 View Post
Oh yeah, extend the house aft, add a deck upper deck. Dreamy and lots and lot and lots of dollars.

I see that you understand my vision.

The only good thing about it is I can do most all of the work myself. I just have to consult a Naval Architect first and my doctors.
__________________
This is my signature line. There are many like it but this one is mine.

What a pain in the transom.

ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:49 PM   #5619
Guru
 
OldDan1943's Avatar
 
City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116 2008
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 10,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Yes, but she says Seattle for her port. That said, the record posted says she was renamed and if that boat was built in 1974, those were some hard hard years of being run hard and put away wet.

I do like it though.
We know it's a dry stack.
Unless you are up to a little breaking and entering, we may never know anything about the Polar Star.
__________________
Two days out the hospital after a week in the hospital because of a significant heart attack.
OldDan1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:28 PM   #5620
Curmudgeon
 
BaltimoreLurker's Avatar
 
City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,775
Not terribly interesting, but I did laugh when this guy paddled by.
Attached Thumbnails
Paddleboard.jpg  
BaltimoreLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Trawler Port Captains
Port Captains are TF volunteers who can serve as local guides or assist with local arrangements and information. Search below to locate Port Captains near your destination. To learn more about this program read here: TF Port Captain Program





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012