Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi,

In this small boat factory (2 boats / year) an interesting and economical, yet good seaworthiness to the coast waters, boat is Marsund 30 '. The boat has an SD cruise speed of 15kn of 3.8nm / gal Yanmar 110hp, price is about 105000$ EXW Finland, tax0%.

More pic https://www.marsund.fi/galleria

Might not be the deal it first appears. Reading the english version of the webpage it seems to imply that the ~100K is the summer charter price. If true, could mean that the purchase price is in the 400-500K range.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 84
Might not be the deal it first appears. Reading the english version of the webpage it seems to imply that the ~100K is the summer charter price. If true, could mean that the purchase price is in the 400-500K range.

Hi,

It meant one boat free for sale in 2018, the price of 129000 €. Also, they said you are welcome sea trip to this boat, hopefully I could find out this misunderstanding..I suspect the page used a translation machine and it changed the Finnish language completely wrongly into English.

I will link to our most popular sales page and there is still a possibility for 2019 delivery to this boat.

https://www.nettivene.com/en/moottorivene/marsund/713405

In addition to basic equipment, bow thruster, hot water, shower, cell fan, shore power, Mastervolt battery charging system, mood cabinets in cockpit, cushion set for cockpit, hydraulic steering, automatic Zipwake trimms.

The price is € 139,000 and it has a 25% local tax that does not have to be paid when the boat is sold out of Europe, ie the price is indeed 104250€, with the deduction of the cost of the tax it will definitely pay for freight.

STANDARD EQUIPMENT -Motor "YANMAR" 110hp -Wallas 22D heating system -Roiling racing, fishing rod, profile sprocket (Aisi316) -4 blader propeller -Flat roofs, Bow bowl, Swimming ladders -Fender 4pcs -Iso sliding skylight -Visible sliding hatch covers 2pcs -Navigation Lights, anchor light -Lights 6pcs -out lights Compass, audible alarm, defroster blower -Switch wipes 2pcs -Time room, mattresses -flor carpents -Drapes trash can -Table in open space. - Steering wheel, single lever control handle, cable control -Fuel tank 190 l, tank meter, water separator -Double battery system, 70 + 90ah, main switch -Base mixer with sink, glass lid (SMEW), -Presure water, tank 100 l -refrigerator 50 l -Water toilet with septic tank 60 l, tank crank, vacuum cleaner - Hand wash basin with pressure water -Hand-vacuum pump, boat launcher, flagpole -Fire extinguisher 2kg -Order paint primer (primer + antifouling)

eba826_6fdda436d1ee475e886cbfa1aa7773e7~mv2.png

NBs

Last edited:
That’s a great engine room for that size boat.

A bit of proud history for sale.

WHAT does POA stand for?

It would be nice to see more pictures, without contacting the owner and getting him/her all excited.

How about, "Point Of Acceptance"

Price on application: call me and I’ll tell you how much it costs.

Narrow boats

Took my children on a couple of narrow boat holidays, such a restful way of seeing some lovely country side and the pubs are great.

Found a guy in the UK that did a loose documentary about his wide beam narrow boat/barge build. I was quite surprised at how simple the boat is built and how flat the underwater profile is. It wouldn't be very difficult to duplicate without plans and could be done in steel, aluminum, wood, or fiberglass. I would consider adding a bit of flare to increase secondary stability for our areas in the US. She is not a rough water boat by any means.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY30Eev1fkjMqGQMjMIo_dg/videos

I can't get videos to embed properly tonight. :confused:

Pretty simple layout. If you were doing one here you could do a wider beam and have a lot more room.

Pretty simple layout. If you were doing one here you could do a wider beam and have a lot more room.
That's true. They are protected clam water boats either way.

They must be narrow so boats can pass each other, in the narrow canals.
Oh yeah. I know that. I've been following the narrow boat stuff off and on for the last 15 years. Makes me wish we had more inland canals. I want to sail from SC to the PNW on my narrow boat. Then pick up a nice displacement cruiser and cruise the inside passage to AK. Hey, I can dream. Maybe I should call Donnie T in the big house and put in my request for the Great Canal system across the US. :lol:

Narrow boats.
After watching a number of included videos, I am beginning to like them even more. I suspect they will do very well on the AICW, assuming you can pick your weather, if you are moving through some of the wider spots.
Things I would want, an additional enclosed fwd helm, generator, water maker, enough A/Cs (roof mounted?) to cool the boat in the FL weather, perhaps a larger battery bank, bow and stern thrusters.
I noticed the apparent lack of insulation on the overhead and sides. Basically the same as the trawlers we have here.

Last edited:
Narrow boats.
After watching a number of included videos, I am beginning to like them even more. I suspect they will do very well on the AICW, assuming you can pick your weather, if you are moving through some of the wider spots.
Things I would want, an additional enclosed fwd helm, generator, water maker, enough A/Cs (roof mounted?) to cool the boat in the FL weather, perhaps a larger battery bank, bow and stern thrusters.
I noticed the apparent lack of insulation on the overhead and sides. Basically the same as the trawlers we have here.
Most of the builds I have seen, there is spray foam overhead even if there's none on the sides or under floor. The older ones used various forms of foam board, fiberglass bats, or other bat-type insulation. I would want a full solar system with a small possibly DC or inverter genny as back up. The heat isn't to bad for me, it's the humidity. I wouldn't need a lot of AC. Most have bow thrusters and I would want one as well. There are some odd boats that have a center cockpit(?) to operate from.

Oh yeah. I know that. I've been following the narrow boat stuff off and on for the last 15 years. Makes me wish we had more inland canals. I want to sail from SC to the PNW on my narrow boat. Then pick up a nice displacement cruiser and cruise the inside passage to AK. Hey, I can dream. Maybe I should call Donnie T in the big house and put in my request for the Great Canal system across the US. :lol:
Understand the boats are made to pass in narrow canals and narrow locks, most of the work was carried out in the 17 and 1800s largely by hand, in fact one of the joys of narrow boat cruising is the lovey stone bridges and cast iron railings and fittings and of course you operate a lot of the locks yourself many of which are still wooden. There is some tradition in the style of NB going back to the ones used commercially where the family lived on them as well. Not sure they would do well here in the US and why have a narrow boat hen you have wide rivers. And btw with a dinky little deisel you got about a days cruising for about 5 bucks.

Properly fitted out a 70 footer (longest for locks) has a surprising amount of room and some are livaboards

Trouble is you don’t have the pubs along the canals, why do you think us brits like it so much lol.

Trouble is you don’t have the pubs along the canals, why do you think us brits like it so much lol.

Ooooo, I just might disagree with you. I suspect many if not all marina in the US are within walking distance to a 'drinking establishment'. It's that crawling back that will skin your knees.

Seldom do I drink when off the boat. 3 drinks and I am naked, dancing on the table. Then, shall we say, I have a tendency to "fall asleep"

The Brits live aboard barges are a bit wider.

But with a narrow boat, think of the crowds you will draw as you travel the ICW. Maybe you can pick a lady at each mooring to come aboard for a ride?
In my case I am too old for that foolishness. SIGH

Ooooo, I just might disagree with you. I suspect many if not all marina in the US are within walking distance to a 'drinking establishment'. It's that crawling back that will skin your knees.

Seldom do I drink when off the boat. 3 drinks and I am naked, dancing on the table. Then, shall we say, I have a tendency to "fall asleep"

You obviously dont do it often enough, it’s easy to get out of practice and besides there’s nothing quite like a rivers side pub and yes I’m predudiced.

The Brits live aboard barges are a bit wider.

But with a narrow boat, think of the crowds you will draw as you travel the ICW. Maybe you can pick a lady at each mooring to come aboard for a ride?
In my case I am too old for that foolishness. SIGH

Lol Never too old. Even if you have to prop him up with popsicle sticks.:D

You're definitely going to draw crowds if you had one here state side. The only thing that I was wondering about is how are the waste tanks and fuel tanks configured. They don't appear to have a lot of hight.

Lol Never too old. Even if you have to prop him up with popsicle sticks.:D

SPLINTERS

You're definitely going to draw crowds if you had one here state side. The only thing that I was wondering about is how are the waste tanks and fuel tanks configured. They don't appear to have a lot of hight.

Why worry about the height of the fuel and waste tank?

Why worry about the height of the fuel and waste tank?

Lol the problem solver in me say to put a nice coat of varnish on them.

Reason I was thinking about the tanks is interior roof hight. It's hard to judge from the videos but it doesn't look much. But it you were building one here state side you could make what ever dimensional adjustments you need to. Also with the amount of roof area you could put one hell of a solar system up there. Almost makes me wonder if you could get enough output to do hybrid diesel electric drive.

Lol the problem solver in me say to put a nice coat of varnish on them.

Reason I was thinking about the tanks is interior roof hight. It's hard to judge from the videos but it doesn't look much. But it you were building one here state side you could make what ever dimensional adjustments you need to. Also with the amount of roof area you could put one hell of a solar system up there. Almost makes me wonder if you could get enough output to do hybrid diesel electric drive.

and the diesel cooking stove and heating system? I would not press my luck on solar panels

and the diesel cooking stove and heating system? I would not press my luck on solar panels

with a blank slate like that there's ton's of different thing one could do. everyone has there own preferences on what they like. i was just thinking outside the box nothing more. i love simple solid solutions but I'm not so rigid that i can't think of multiple solutions to a puzzle like that. :thumb:

Where do you buy parts or find a tech to work on a DAF 850 turbo diesel?

looks like a common euro truck engine. im sure everything would have to be ordered in. lol might be easier to swap it out for a cat or cummins than deal with find parts/people to fix it. but she is a gorgeous boat ether way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom