Old 01-04-2017, 11:28 PM   #3861
Al
Guru

City: ketchikan, Alaska
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
That pretty baby have SD hull... with fairly hard chines toward aft?
Art, I attempted to follow other videos of this boat. There was another. The intent was to hopefully have a shot of the bottom. I am suspecting perhaps a application similar to the Bar Tender boats that have a similar hull where there are sponsons extending out from the hull giving an appearance and application of a wider flatter stern bottom.
The Bar Tenders sponsons had a trim tab affect as they gave lift to the stern as well. May not be the case here yet the visual of a narrow stern boat able to plane out as this one does, is hard to image.
Thoughts?
Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:37 PM   #3862
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
Art, I attempted to follow other videos of this boat. There was another. The intent was to hopefully have a shot of the bottom. I am suspecting perhaps a application similar to the Bar Tender boats that have a similar hull where there are sponsons extending out from the hull giving an appearance and application of a wider flatter stern bottom.
The Bar Tenders sponsons had a trim tab affect as they gave lift to the stern as well. May not be the case here yet the visual of a narrow stern boat able to plane out as this one does, is hard to image.
Thoughts?
Al - I'd use that real nice boat as a D speed cruiser and be happy as heck!

To go faster... which I believe she may be able to made to do... all I can say is - mo power and mo fuel capacity!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #3863
Curmudgeon

City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
Gotta love the Brits!

BBC - Travel - Inside the most bizarre houseboats in Britain
BaltimoreLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:04 PM   #3864
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
This is cool...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1483646636.965293.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	60161

http://www.stellaryachtsales.com/2007-64-westphal.html
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:01 AM   #3865
Guru

Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTom View Post
Passed this one on the St. Lawrence River this summer:
a true blue water crossing boat. History knows that the Norwegians found the American cruising over the Atlantic Leif Erikson was a person. Long after Columbus visited the Usa.
North Baltic sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:21 AM   #3866
Guru

cute 26 feet trawler from Polad this boat options sail, same boat is 22 feet version

Old 01-06-2017, 02:25 AM   #3867
Guru

City: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Baltic sea View Post
cute 26 feet trawler from Polad this boat options sail

Funny music for selling a sailboat without a mast and
I got sea sick watching the video
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:19 AM   #3868
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaston View Post
Funny music for selling a sailboat without a mast and
I got sea sick watching the video

Yes..

itrestin is a boat prise new boat is about 54000€ same dolar. Incluided European tax about 22% i thik tax free form US marketing

Price list

https://www.google.fi/url?sa=t&rct=j...42059868,d.bGg
Old 01-06-2017, 06:14 AM   #3869
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
I like it a lot.
No seasick at all. Pretty wet boat though. Much like an Albin 25. Small boats bob around quite a lot. I remember when we first got the Willard dealing w other boat wakes was suddenly a thing of the past. Four times the weight and 5' is a big difference. Small boats are small boats. 32 - 34' different world. This one is too much like a sailboat for me. Generally I think I'd like European boats better than US.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:51 AM   #3870
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Willy View Post
I like it a lot.
No seasick at all. Pretty wet boat though. Much like an Albin 25. Small boats bob around quite a lot. I remember when we first got the Willard dealing w other boat wakes was suddenly a thing of the past. Four times the weight and 5' is a big difference. Small boats are small boats. 32 - 34' different world. This one is too much like a sailboat for me. Generally I think I'd like European boats better than US.
"Small boats are small boats. 32 - 34' different world." Eric you have that one surely correct...

Especially right around 34' +/- with a weighty build and good balance characteristics, i.e. a low elevation mid ship cog. Of course larger you go with "pleasure" boats then more general sea keeping stability is gained (to a point) as long as the boat is sturdy build with correct hull design, weight distribution and superstructure design. For the type localized cruising Linda and I do at this juncture in life we settled on a heavy weight (21K lbs. loaded) 34' Tollycraft. She takes seas well, has ample comfort features for long days at anchor and fits easily into nearly any place we may go. We came close to purchasing a 48'er of same make, knowing there is added sea keeping ability and considerably more room for inside boat comforts.. then... we penciled out the two boat's differences in overall/ongoing costs, maintenance time we'd need to supply, creature comforts we actually require while on board and very importantly vast difference in capabilities for "gunk holing", which we love to do! For where we boat the 34'er won hands down. May get into a 48 to 55 foot boat by the same builder or builder of similar quality if we ever decide to cruise Pacific coast. Till then we simply love our fairly quick cruising (16 to 17 knot gentle cruise on plane) 34' tri cabin Tolly with mucho creature comforts both inside and outside on sun-deck or bridge with twin screw maneuverability that helps insure get-home-capability.
Attached Thumbnails
Art & Linda on TO - Maltese Falcon SF Bay Entry Spring 2009_100_1391.jpg   TO in Delta Tules 100_0429.jpg   Craig, Taune, Linda Morning Coffee.jpg   Mstr Strm Stbd Dbl Berth.jpg  
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:04 AM   #3871
Guru

City: San Francisco
Vessel Name: Speedy Charlotte
Vessel Model: Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Hmm, this is interesting. Electric full displacement steel pocket expedition trawler...

2017 Trondheim Trawler Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
MichaelB1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:13 AM   #3872
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Interesting boats

From the listing:
"Magnificent new design with brutal shapes"

I agree, the design is brutal-- to the eyes. They remind me of a toucan for some reason.

But it is definitely interesting!
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:21 AM   #3873
Al
Guru

City: ketchikan, Alaska
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Thought this little craft worth submitting for your enjoyment.

Al-KEtchikan
Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:22 AM   #3874
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
From the listing:
"Magnificent new design with brutal shapes"

I agree, the design is brutal-- to the eyes. They remind me of a toucan for some reason.

But it is definitely interesting!
The relative size of the dinghy I think is way off. Makes the boat look more like 60+ feet. Or is it just me?
Old 01-07-2017, 12:36 AM   #3875
Guru

City: Tacoma, WA & Ashland, OR
Vessel Name: boatless, ex: Seeadler
Vessel Model: RAWSON 41
W
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB1969 View Post
Hmm, this is interesting. Electric full displacement steel pocket expedition trawler...

Not really electric, diesel-electric, a mature and widely-used technology. Note the fuel capacity: either high consumption or you're gonna be "tankering" a lot of weight..

Their claim that it's quieter is patently absurd. Any acoustic technology they are claiming to use on their two diesels can be fitted to anyone else's two diesels.

. ...oh yeah, almost forgot, it's nasty ugly and likely to maneuver like a billboard in any wind. 650K?! I'd be surprised if they can give it away.
AlaskaProf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:39 AM   #3876

City: SanFran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB1969 View Post

Wow - this is bizarre. What would be the fully-charged range on an electric trawler I have to wonder... How do they get the 2,500 miles calculations? Ahh... they have diesel generators to get the electricity...

Current Price:
US$ 650,000
World first electric powered quiet and efficient trawler,

Twin Electric Power, Designed for passages in remote areas
Electric powered quiet and efficient long range trawler
-Class A - Ocean
-Metal hull Ice class B
-Magnificent new design with brutal shapes
-Long range 2500 nautical miles
-Comfort on board 6 sleep places
-“Torqeedo” electric motors and batteries with 9 years warranty
-Powered with generators 2 times quiet from diesel engine powered boats

Trondheim Trawlers

"The 40-ft (12-m) vessel will feature two Torqeedo brand Deep Blue i 1,400-rpm electric motors, which will be powered by two battery packs. One charge of those batteries should reportedly be good for six hours of cruising.

Needless to say, though, fishing expeditions can last longer than six hours. For that reason, there will also be two Torqeedo diesel-powered generators on board. These will produce electricity both to run the motors, and to recharge the batteries.

As compared to non-electric boats of the same size and fuel capacity (3,500 l/925 US gal), such a combination of running under battery power and generator power should allow the trawler to have a 30 percent longer range – it can go up to 2,500 nautical miles (4,630 km). Additionally, due to their acoustic shielding, the generators are claimed to be 40 percent less noisy than a full-on diesel engine. They'll also take up less space, allowing more room for storage."

Full story here:

http://newatlas.com/trondheim-40-ele...trawler/47223/

LRC58Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:41 AM   #3877
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRC58Fan View Post
Wow - this is bizarre. What would be the fully-charged range on an electric trawler I have to wonder... How do they get the 2,500 miles calculations?
As AlaskaProf pointed out, it's diesel electric. So 2 diesel generators charging batteries.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:09 AM   #3878

City: SanFran
This Trawler was designed by a Russian Designer Max Zhivov - he has an interesting portfolio:

max-zhivov
LRC58Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:23 AM   #3879
Guru

City: I need a bigger boat!
Vessel Model: Cheetah 25' Powercat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
Thought this little craft worth submitting for your enjoyment.

Al-KEtchikan
All the police forces and Harbour Masters use them in the UK, so they must work in all conditions; my local police patrol on the Shannon river uses the Bothnia too and tracks straight as an arrow at displacement speeds . The guys told me it can stay up on the plane at 10-11kts! I think that's what makes it into such a fantastic rough water boat; when the the conditions get bad, slow down.

Only bad point of the design is the I/o with the dreaded maintenance headache .
Old 01-07-2017, 08:48 AM   #3880

City: G
Using the TF app on my phone. Suddenly cant follow any posted link.
Any ideas anyone??
And I dont know how to ask the administrator for help from the app!!!!
stone beach is offline   Reply With Quote