Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-13-2016, 06:42 PM   #3741
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 18,737
Yup,
Thought that hull looked familiar.
__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:51 PM   #3742
Al
Guru
 
Al's Avatar
 
City: ketchikan, Alaska
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,206
US.Forest Service Historical Record-
https://www.facebook.com/12332315348...type=3&theater

Just out of the Wrangell Boat Shop. 'Chugach' Last I read, the U.S.F.Service is seeking a group to sponsor the boat as a living monument sort of lease.

Al-27' Marben pocket Cruiser
Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:03 AM   #3743
Senior Member
 
City: SanFran
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 167
Perhaps of interest to people with longer range cruising in mind:



196-Foot Floating ‘Landmark’ for Sale

It is hard to imagine Sag Harbor without the Intuition II, a 196-foot-long yacht. Owned by Patrick E. Malloy for 18 years and tied up at the dock at his marina south of Long Wharf, it has been up for sale for a year, and, with a recent price drop, may not be back next summer.

“When they’re coming into the harbor,” Robert Bori, the village harbormaster, said of boaters, “it’s one of the first things they see. It’s almost like a landmark.”

“It’s such a fixture in Sag Harbor,” said Bruce Tait, a yacht broker whose office is in one of Mr. Malloy’s buildings near the marina. “It bookends the season,” he said. The yacht remains in the village until after Thanksgiving, when it usually heads south. “It signals the start of the season and signals the complete end of the season.”

Listed with Pam Barlow of Luke Brown Yachts, it is on the market for $4.95 million, down from its original list price of $7.5 million a year ago. “Having owned and loved Intuition II for over 18 years, her owner has reluctantly decided that it is time to let her go,” the listing says. “She has many more years of good life and longer trips in her.”


Full story here:

196-Foot Floating Ô€˜LandmarkÔ€™ for Sale | The East Hampton Star


Full Boat Details here:

http://www.lukebrownyachts.com/196-a...972-intuition/
LRC58Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #3744
Guru
 
cardude01's Avatar
 
City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,290
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1479755996.451507.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	58921

This was spotted in Key West. [emoji23]
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:31 PM   #3745
Guru
 
Lou_tribal's Avatar
 
City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
Attachment 58921

This was spotted in Key West. [emoji23]
Clever idea! I am sure this guy love to see seaweed clean cut
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:09 PM   #3746
Guru
 
Sealife's Avatar
 
City: Baltimore
Vessel Name: Sea life
Vessel Model: Krogen 42 #61
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 684
Haha, that guy was tooling around while I was there in December. Seemed to work, but noisy as hell. I could here him across the harbor.
__________________
Scott

www.caribbeansealife.com
Sealife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 01:19 PM   #3747
Guru
 
Rustybarge's Avatar
 
City: I need a bigger boat!
Vessel Model: Cheetah 25' Powercat.
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 925
Tug boats ...


__________________
Peter.
Rustybarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:13 AM   #3748
Guru
 
Rustybarge's Avatar
 
City: I need a bigger boat!
Vessel Model: Cheetah 25' Powercat.
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 925
Glen.L design Tug.

Anyone else got any pretty Tug photos/drawings/plans?


__________________
Peter.
Rustybarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #3749
Veteran Member
 
oldmarlin's Avatar
 
City: Burgundy Bourgogne
Vessel Model: rhea 650
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 47
Small Dutch steel boat

Not that beautiful neither ugly, for canal/sea-coast cruising:
What do you think about this 10 meters Dutch boat: 10 x 3.3 x 0.9 meter / 8000kg
Hollandia 1000 AK (after cabin)
https://www.inautia.fr/bateau-299210...495355451.html

This one below for sale, 1990 (one owner since 1993), with some different lay-out: same after cabin and same bimini for shade / but wider kitchen (to port & starboard) with dining-table at front / 2 thrusters...100hp engine (Volvo...!) only 600h.
But a lot of steps: 3 from pilot-house towards (narrow) side-decks / and same towards kitchen or aft'cabin.
Opened lay-out from pilothouse frontwards to kitchen and to front (bow) dining-table.
Attached Thumbnails
Hollandia 1200x900.jpg  
oldmarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 02:27 PM   #3750
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmarlin View Post
Not specially one beautiful boat but not ugly, for canal/sea-coast cruising:
What do you think about this 10 meters Dutch boat: 10 x 3.3 x 0.9 meter / 8000kg
Hollandia 1000 AK (after cabin)
https://www.inautia.fr/bateau-299210...495355451.html

This one below is for sale (my area), 1990 (one owner since 1993), with some different lay-out: same after cabin and same bimini for shade / but wider kitchen (to port & starboard) with dining-table at front / 2 thrusters...100hp engine (Volvo...!) only 600h.
But a lot of steps: 3 from pilot-house towards (narrow) side-decks / and same towards kitchen or aft'cabin.
Opened lay-out from pilothouse frontwards to kitchen and to front (bow) dining-table.
I like the outside view... Edit - Found that link in my post brings up views
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 02:44 PM   #3751
Veteran Member
 
oldmarlin's Avatar
 
City: Burgundy Bourgogne
Vessel Model: rhea 650
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustybarge View Post
Tug boats ...


Yes pretty tug, also Glen design one.
Difficult to find in Europe!
oldmarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #3752
Guru
 
IRENE's Avatar
 
City: Sea of Cortez, Mexico
Vessel Name: Irene
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 40II
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,231
66' Steel Pilothouse

Here is a good-looking boat. She has a commercial VP engine and a sauna!

2007 Pilothouse trawler yacht Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
IRENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:30 PM   #3753
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 18,737
Now that's a real trawler! Love it.
Propper hull w a really slack stern.
Very low windage.
Straight prop shaft.
Great visability.

Thank you IRENE!
__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:53 PM   #3754
Guru
 
GoneFarrell's Avatar
 
City: Columbia City, OR & Mulege, BCS
Vessel Name: Imagine
Vessel Model: Farrell 34
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
Attachment 58921

This was spotted in Key West. [emoji23]
I have one of those! It is setup for a kayak by one of my crazy relatives.

True story: he carved a couple of props out from laminated veneers, got it right on the 2nd try. Thing moves out on a kayak, I could not keep up pulling hard on my 16' sliding seat rowboat.

He had contacts in the oil industry from his days at EPA in Alaska. Called somebody, asked for sponsorship. Texaco sent him $5.00 and a Texaco hat.
He took off from Portland with his weedeater-powered Klepper kayak. 96 miles later he is in Astoria.

After he got back home, he sent a letter to Texaco, thanking him for the sponsorship and nice hat. He logged his progress down the Columbia. He burned something like 2 1/2 gallons of Texaco gas (this was a while ago) and spent less than 4 dollars on gas for the whole trip.

I have the motor and letter here, he still has the hat.

The motor goes to baja in 2 weeks for more adventures.

Interesting boats are interesting, but interesting times can be even better!
GoneFarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #3755
Senior Member
 
City: Nokomis
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRENE View Post
Here is a good-looking boat. She has a commercial VP engine and a sauna!

2007 Pilothouse trawler yacht Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Interestingly, according to the Yachtworld listing she is designed and built in China, but looks right at home in the Netherlands.
harbor950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:44 PM   #3756
Guru
 
cardude01's Avatar
 
City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFarrell View Post
I have one of those! It is setup for a kayak by one of my crazy relatives.



True story: he carved a couple of props out from laminated veneers, got it right on the 2nd try. Thing moves out on a kayak, I could not keep up pulling hard on my 16' sliding seat rowboat.



He had contacts in the oil industry from his days at EPA in Alaska. Called somebody, asked for sponsorship. Texaco sent him $5.00 and a Texaco hat.

He took off from Portland with his weedeater-powered Klepper kayak. 96 miles later he is in Astoria.



After he got back home, he sent a letter to Texaco, thanking him for the sponsorship and nice hat. He logged his progress down the Columbia. He burned something like 2 1/2 gallons of Texaco gas (this was a while ago) and spent less than 4 dollars on gas for the whole trip.



I have the motor and letter here, he still has the hat.



The motor goes to baja in 2 weeks for more adventures.



Interesting boats are interesting, but interesting times can be even better!

Wow! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:01 AM   #3757
Guru
 
Rustybarge's Avatar
 
City: I need a bigger boat!
Vessel Model: Cheetah 25' Powercat.
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmarlin View Post
Yes pretty tug, also Glen design one.
Difficult to find in Europe!
Im looking around for a boat design to build; has to be simple to construct and reasonably guick to build, and with a planing cruise speed(lol).... and metal ! I was looking at various ply designs including the lovely bateau trawler build on this forum, but the build time puts me off and I hate epoxy resin and all the hundreds of hours sanding down it involves.

GRP doesn't rock my boat; its a soulless material just like modern concrete and glass buildings . when I visit a marina I leave depressed by the banality and nastyness of GRP as a material. Would you sit on a plastic couch, or live in a plastic house?

So I'm really not looking for a GRP copy of a trawler , but a genuine metal design. If want a 15-20kts cruise that leaves alloy as the only option.

The Glen L is the only trad Tug design I've come across that can plane.

Any suggestions?

PS: I spend the winters in the SoF too, just west of Cannes.
__________________
Peter.
Rustybarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:16 AM   #3758
Veteran Member
 
oldmarlin's Avatar
 
City: Burgundy Bourgogne
Vessel Model: rhea 650
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustybarge View Post
Im looking around for a boat design to build; has to be simple to construct and reasonably guick to build, and with a planing cruise speed(lol).... and metal ! I was looking at various ply designs including the lovely bateau trawler build on this forum, but the build time puts me off and I hate epoxy resin and all the hundreds of hours sanding down it involves.

GRP doesn't rock my boat; its a soulless material just like modern concrete and glass buildings . when I visit a marina I leave depressed by the banality and nastyness of GRP as a material. Would you sit on a plastic couch, or live in a plastic house?

So I'm really not looking for a GRP copy of a trawler , but a genuine metal design. If want a 15-20kts cruise that leaves alloy as the only option.

The Glen L is the only trad Tug design I've come across that can plane.

Any suggestions?

PS: I spend the winters in the SoF too, just west of Cannes.
Material "Strongall" (= thick aluminium), from "Meta Chantier Naval" yard (in Tarare small town, north of Lyon town)
- Sweet trawler 36 (SD hull up to 9.5kn):
Meta Chantier Naval ┬╗ SWEET TRAWLER 36

- Jolly 26 : one is for sale (ask photos to yard), boat on construction (owner had to stop his project), planning hull (engine>100hp), narrow side-decks (was mostly for river cruising), here is drawing:
Meta Chantier Naval ┬╗ JOLLY BOAT


- (Brouns architect) MiniTroll 27: one Motor-Sailer (2 keels) with lay-out done I presume (in Normandy) is for sale, here is how she looks:
Meta Chantier Naval ┬╗ MINITROLL 27
oldmarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:06 AM   #3759
Guru
 
IRENE's Avatar
 
City: Sea of Cortez, Mexico
Vessel Name: Irene
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 40II
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by harbor950 View Post
Interestingly, according to the Yachtworld listing she is designed and built in China, but looks right at home in the Netherlands.
Wuxi Oriental Boat Development Co., Ltd.

She appears different in the yard photos, note the missing mast, missing flybridge windscreen, and different helm design. I wonder if she went through a refit at some point.
IRENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:45 AM   #3760
Guru
 
Old deckhand's Avatar
 
City: Sitka
Vessel Model: Transpacific Marine Eagle 32
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 519
Glen L 31 foot Union Jack can be built out of steel. Our 32 foot Eagle is the fiberglass version of the Union Jack. The Union Jack probably can be stretched about 10%.
Old deckhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Trawler Port Captains
Port Captains are TF volunteers who can serve as local guides or assist with local arrangements and information. Search below to locate Port Captains near your destination. To learn more about this program read here: TF Port Captain Program





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012