Interesting boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At first I was going to say “just another big and big money old boat”.

But she’s one of the most beautiful boats I’ve seen. From details to the hull that you don’t get to see. Stunning and not too embellished. Looks like she’s just seen a mega-buck refit or has been never spared what ever she needed.

Thank you much black&blue!

At first I was going to say “just another big and big money old boat”.

But she’s one of the most beautiful boats I’ve seen. From details to the hull that you don’t get to see. Stunning and not too embellished. Looks like she’s just seen a mega-buck refit or has been never spared what ever she needed.

Thank you much black&blue!

Surely one of us out there must have 1.5M to burn! But I agree Eric, one of the more stunning examples of a classic boat I've seen in a long time.

it checks all the boxes but no bow thruster is a deal breaker.
2003 it was to be sunk? Saved by the current owner.

This boat reminded me of the the Duke and his yacht Wild Goose

B&B,
Actually stunning isn’t the right word .. that I also used.
More like authentic, the real deal or as they were.
Like a good time-period movie.

B&B,
Actually stunning isn’t the right word .. that I also used.
More like authentic, the real deal or as they were.
Like a good time-period movie.

Can't argue with that Eric.

You got that right.
You will have noticed the air compressor and tanks for the direct drive Atlas.
A very long time ago I was a deckhand on a former YMS class minesweeper, converted to a fish packer. The skipper, who I will refer to only by the nickname used behind his back, was Captain Crunch. He had an unfortunate habit of trying to manoeuvre at full speed, hard ahead to hard reverse. The single direct drive engine had an equally unfortunate habit of then locking up, TDC, while Crunch angrily and uselessly jammed on the air controls. The chief engineer would scramble down and grab a massive pry bar to turn the engine to a closed valve position. By this time of course the compressed air was exhausted, and compressor would have to be fired up to recharge the air.
I have an indelible memory of a winter morning at Steveston in the Fraser River as we sailed across the width of the river, 140 feet of wooden mine sweeper, swiftly and silently ( once the air was exhausted) until we hit a scow on the other side, hard enough to bounce us back across the other side.
A key won't be any help, but a pry bar your own height will be helpful.
Great looking boat
Atlas engines, 300hp @ 300rpm
Hope she comes with someone to work the ER, doubt she's a turn key and go type of beasty.

Forum mods- What happen to "Last Page"? The prompt is missing from my page-solution? Or has the thread been thinned and this is new start???

Don’t despair, this is a new thread pointing out the boat in the first post. The venerable “Interesting boats” thread still exists in the general discussion forum.

In the 16th pic what is that thing for in that cage next to the bathroom sink?

Looks like an older compressed air plunger for the head. You can still buy them but they are made of plastic parts nowadays. Pumping the handle shoots compressed air out the plunger bottom.

Greetings,
Mr. AF. "...compressed air plunger...". THAT would explain the cage. Nasty little buggers if not kept under the strictest control.

iu

Lol. One would need to be careful using it on a boat sewage system. Check black tank venting first!

Back
Top Bottom