Interesting boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
image-3727004954.jpg

Paravanes. Pilothouse. Get home engine.
Forward slanting windows! :)

Needs generator and Ac units to be viable in Texas.

Looks kind of awkward however and too expensive for a nonproduction boat probably.

What would happen to this boat in rough water? How about that back door ?

http://m.yachtworld.com/mobile/boat...r-Laux--2619848/St.-Michaels/MD/United-States

Interesting. I love the unique but you are correct, this one is awkward. perhaps the genny problem could be taken care of by running something off of the wing engine. with her double twin berths she kinda reminds me of some sort of working boat.

Before i pass judgment on her seakeeping i would like to see the hull out of the water. not all liberty launches were made the same and the term hardly defines a class of boats. at 40' she is one of the smaller ones that i am aware of. someone thinks she is a blue water boat. fitted with a wing, paravanes, and the 2300 mile range someone had big plans for her.

Before i pass judgment on her seakeeping i would like to see the hull out of the water. not all liberty launches were made the same and the term hardly defines a class of boats. at 40' she is one of the smaller ones that i am aware of. someone thinks she is a blue water boat. fitted with a wing, paravanes, and the 2300 mile range someone had big plans for her.

That's what I was thinking-- set up to be a blue water boat with all that stuff, but doesn't really seem like one with all the big windows and the door to the swim platform that looks like a wave could smash.

Maybe they just wanted a coastal cruiser with a get home, and huge range so they could buy fuel when cheap.

That's what I was thinking-- set up to be a blue water boat with all that stuff, but doesn't really seem like one with all the big windows and the door to the swim platform that looks like a wave could smash. Maybe they just wanted a coastal cruiser with a get home, and huge range so they could buy fuel when cheap.
Yeah doesn't have a super amount of freeboard either, and those salon windows can get knocked out with one good wave. nice boat none the less IMO, just don't know if I would cross an ocean in it.

I'm going to stay positive in my remarks: the exteror of the pilothouse around the windows looks well done. Nice wipers. Has a separate shower stall. Nice swim platform. Think of how much money you can save money on gym and yoga classes by just regularly moving about her.
I would expect that it could be purchased 70% (90% my money) below it's asking price and you will have the honor of keeping this WWII surplus hull alive. That's something isn't it? Keeping the past alive?

Last edited:
Lol. PK, you're tough!

Kind of have to agree however-- she's an odd bird.

Lol. PK, you're tough!

Kind of have to agree however-- she's an odd bird.

No, I'm beimg positive. The large photos speak for themselves.:)

Yes, a very interesting boat. Even Eric should approve of the forward visibility. The lack of freeboard is strange.... certainly adequate for coastal, but with paravanes? Getting around would take good legs, as pointed out by PK. Twin Helm seats look exactly like my office chair. Standing height in the ER...Yeah!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom