Originally Posted by jeffnick
Here's something that hasn't been mentioned in favor of the outboard - the E-tec G2.
• Three-Year Limited Warranty
• No Scheduled Dealer Maintenance for
Three Years of Normal Recreational Use
• No Operational Break-In Procedure
• Easy Starts (no choking or priming)
• Digital Engine Management
• Self Flushing Cooling System
• Long Term Storage Design
• Simplified Winterization Procedure
• Digital Diagnostics
• Low Oil Usage
and of course with the 2 stroke at 100:1 oil ratio - there are never any oil changes and no 2 stroke exhaust odor.
I wonder what they consider to be recreational use and what number of hours they expect for that.
Other than the "No Operational Break-In Procedure" and the warranty you can say the same thing about my Honda BF90D. The break in for my motor is basically only 2 hours. After that it just says don't run it a WOT for more than 5 minutes at a time for the next 8 hours. My warranty was 5 years. I got the ECU replaced at 4.9 years under the warranty.