Impressive Voyage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The whine of that motor constantly going would drive me batty. I guess you'd get used to it after a while. Still, that was a pretty remarkable trip.

The whine of that motor constantly going would drive me batty. I guess you'd get used to it after a while. Still, that was a pretty remarkable trip.
Those guys seem pretty clever so they will probably be able to isolate/insulate the
motors better as they gain experience. A different motor may be quieter, too.

Those guys seem pretty clever so they will probably be able to isolate/insulate the
motors better as they gain experience. A different motor may be quieter, too.

Oh I'm sure that with more insulation/isolation the noise could certainly be reduced. In the metal boat they're running you get the impression they're not focusing on any added frills. All that metal has to be transferring ever last bit of motor noise.

I have a travel torqeedo for a dinghy and it makes a similar whine. I used it a few days ago since our gas 15hp is out for service. It pushed our Avon 310 RIB along decently in calm water, at about 3.5kts max. But it consumes a fair bit more power doing so than it used to for the previous all-inflatable we had before. No doubt due to the RIB being a lot heavier. I'll be putting the Yamaha back on when it returns from being serviced.

Back
Top Bottom