Illegal Charters on Lake of the Ozarks MO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably not but the CG should have checked particularly when it was obviously overloaded.

Probably not but the CG should have checked particularly when it was obviously overloaded.

Not enough PFDs? That ought to be worth a few extra expensive tickets too.

His excuse was, I am the father of 2 children etc and needed fast money.
Well, I guess he could sell the boat.

He is forbidden to own a boat for 3 years? Hmmm, sounds like the USCG impounded his boat. I wonder how he feels now. No boat but still gets to keep the boat loan.

The captain is/was very lucky. If the boat had gone down, the laws suits filed would be overwhelming.
I am reasonable sure his insurance policy holder would have denied all claims and responsibility.

Lie to the USCG? This guy really needs more than a year in federal prison.

Last edited:
I thought it was a crime to lie to federal LE officers. I am not an attorney so maybe I am wrong but I know it is illegal to lie to the FBI. It looks like to me they went way easy on him. Maybe the judge bought his BS about being broke...

I thought it was a crime to lie to federal LE officers. I am not an attorney so maybe I am wrong but I know it is illegal to lie to the FBI. It looks like to me they went way easy on him. Maybe the judge bought his BS about being broke...

The way it seems to work is, the Feds and LE officers can lie to you but you cannot lie to them.

Broke or not, putting the lives of all the patrons at risk is no excuse.
If he short of money enough to break the law, while he is in Fed prison, the family will be even shorter of money.
There was no mention of how long this dude has to sell the boat, that would lead me to believe the USCG impounded the boat, leaving him with the boat loan to pay.
Remember, this is not the first time he was boarded for an illegal charter and perhaps exceeding the passenger load and maybe not enough PFDs.
I do hope he is required to serve the entire 1 year.

Back
Top Bottom