IG32 Europa trucking height

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M Lofstrom

Vessel Name
Sea Woof
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3288
Hello trawler folks. I am a lifelong sailor nearing retirement that has been smitten by the Island Gypsy 32 europa. I was wondering if anyone knows the answers to these 2 questions:

1. Is the bridge removable on the europa, or is it part of the upper deck?
2. If not removable, any idea what the overall height of the boat is from keel to the top of the bridge minus windscreen? Im looking at a boat that is some distance from me, and i am trying to figure out how to transport it over land.

Thanks, Mike L

The bridge is not removable. You'd have to sawzall. Would be an awful job to do and reconstruct.

If i recall correctly, it's 16' 2" from keel to top of bridge minus windscreen.

One of the downsides of the IG32 Europa for us as we can't move her over the roads to our house for winter layup as we used to do with our previous 40' sedan cruiser.

IG 32 Trucking Height

Hi David. It's as I feared, it may be very expensive to move overland. I'm talking to some truckers this week to confirm. after looking at NT 32's Camano's and some older CHB and Monks, I really like what i see in the Island Gypsy. I may have to wait until one comes up on the west coast.

I Appreciate your quick reply,

Mike L

Hi David. It's as I feared, it may be very expensive to move overland. I'm talking to some truckers this week to confirm. after looking at NT 32's Camano's and some older CHB and Monks, I really like what i see in the Island Gypsy. I may have to wait until one comes up on the west coast.

I Appreciate your quick reply,

Mike L

That sounds like a good plan to wait until you see something on the West Coast. I'm sure there's many in the PNW, so timing is everything.

You may also consider calling a successful broker with a proven track record and tell him what you want. If he's good then you may find your boat quicker.

Back
Top Bottom