If you went to the boat store with $80M....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benthic2

Guru
If you went to the boat store with $80 million....would you come home with this ????

Attachments

• Shape Superyacht.jpg
    Shape Superyacht.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Shape 2.jpg
    Shape 2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 88
Only if your list of friends was limited. It can take just 12 guests in 6 suites.

It wont run far based on power generated from its solar panels, and size of its hydrogen tank is not clear. But it could get built as just being a billionaire these days is somewhat passé. A 'trophy boat' to complement the 'trophy wife' might be just what's needed to get a bit of publicity.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/t...e-middle/8295f173-a2ea-48bc-9466-2e5f15e710b0

Add some drop down nets at the sides, and one across the middle: Tennis anyone?

Last edited:
Obviously this is someone's idea of a very expensive joke.

Man, that idea looks ugly and useless. Seems as though there are less extreme ways to say to people, "Look at me! I'm filthy rich, dumb as a rock and have zero taste."

Not on a bet! Where do people come up with these goofy designs, must be Italian.

pete

LOL, take to Cuba load it up with illegals, come back and when the Coast Guard stops you, just tell them, I had no idea they were there.
Think of all the harbor seals you can transport.

Wonder if it whistles in a cross-wind?

I bet big beam seas must feel very strange rolling through your hull.....

Other than shock value or distinctiveness I was wondering if the design is so they can have a boat that is over 200 feet, but weighs much less because of the limits of the drive system.

Sure would if I had billions and a stable of playboy bunnies to bring along. I'd have to ditch the wife 1st

Sure would if I had billions and a stable of playboy bunnies to bring along. I'd have to ditch the wife 1st

Nice try. She'd take the boat and get a stable of young men.

That boat wouldn't be first on my list, probably wouldn't make the list. In the immortal words of George Carlin, "nail 2 things together that have never been put together before, and some schmuck will buy it from you."

Ted

fantasy! hardly worth commenting.

Would be a great yacht to hang somewhere near Monaco or French riviera, sure heads would turn to look at you. I am pretty sure 80 millions would not be enough though.

L

Sorry, I would not even own it if you gave it to me, I would immediately put it up for sale because some dummy with way too much money would buy it.

I misread the question. I thought it read 'If you went to the boat store with $80 million....what would you come home with????"

My answer would have been $78 million and the boat store.

--Peggie

Not what you could call efficient use of available volume.

Not what you could call efficient use of available volume.

When measuring for licensure and COI requirements, it would be interesting to see how the USCG would calculate the net versus gross tonnage.

Whaaaat?

I thought it was a napkin ring.

No excuse for an ugly boat

There are excuses for people and animals that may be born ugly, it’s just nature doing what nature does.
But there is NEVER an excuse for an ugly boat.

A schooner crossing a setting sun on a calm sea or a Bill Garden design boat resting at anchor in a foggy inlet. These are things of beauty.

Call me a romantic or a dying breed of true believers, but a boat should be beautiful, and should take your breath away.

Back
Top Bottom