If I could have it all...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toocoys

Guru

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 87
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 84
Does that thing have tail lights!!!

That doesn't move the needle for me at all! Glad you like it though.

Love classic Chris Crafts - first 'big boat' we bought was a 1965 Chris Craft Cavalier 28' Cruiser. 283 v-8 inboard single. Loved that wooden boat - mahogany plywood hull - sounded wonderful. We bought it used from in 1986 from original owner. :thumb:

To me, it's a novelty boat. They took the rear of a '57 Chevy and copied it to a boat. Not functional at all.

To me, it's a novelty boat. They took the rear of a '57 Chevy and copied it to a boat. Not functional at all.

Y'all are funny.

Functional or not, I'd donate body parts to scientific study to be able to afford that. That boat is 61 years old and has outlasted boats 1/4 of its age, and will probably last for 61 more if cared for. And I haven't even mentioned the character, uniqueness, and style yet.

Why? Show me ANY boat on the market today that has the character, style, lines, and quality of this boat.

To each his own! I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I'm glad you like it. That's great, we all like different boats.

I like enclosed boats (I know that's a wide range). I'm not a fan of bow riders, center consoles or cabin cruisers etc. That's just me.

To each his own! I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I'm glad you like it. That's great, we all like different boats.

I like enclosed boats (I know that's a wide range). I'm not a fan of bow riders, center consoles or cabin cruisers etc. That's just me.

Oh I like my cabin cruiser too! But man this would make a hell of a dinghy. LOL

Greetings,
Mr. too. I DO love those classic bull nose CC's. Probably mentioned it already but we had a 1950, 34' Commander. From my observations, the bull nose started off quite stubby (I'm guessing 1947 or '48) and seemed to elongate a bit every year. That Continental has a real schnozolla...

200w.gif

Not that one, this one:

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 676
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 677
Two photos of 1948 Chris Craft Express my family loved and often weekend-used/cruised-on-extensively in inland waters and a bit off shore [to Block Island and the like] while I was in grammar school. This is exact same boat but not the one we had [ours had great bow rail that dad afixed!]. Photos of our family's Chris Express are somewhere in my brother's Thomaston Maine garage/barn. Very cool boat! She also had canvas soft top and complete cockpit canvas. :thumb: Many GREAT memories! :D :speed boat:

https://i.ushipcdn.com/resize.php?path=/static/f94de257-1fa7-4c7e-b.jpg&w=270&h=210

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/12/47/73/12477394ef0aa7b852803a35dddd1302--water-crafts-luxury-boats.jpg

Last edited:
If I could have it all and had enough to hire someone to do the maintenance on this, this would be the one for me.

IMG_3185-1218x1100.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom