Identify this trailer trawler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As the article states, those are cruisers hardly trawlers.

The first boat pictured does look similar to a Bayliner Trophy. The Bayliner Trophy series was built for the fishing market. No carpet, lighter and faster using out boards to get to fishing grounds. The later versions had a decal on The side that said TROPHY on the aft quarter. Without that decal if it is a Trophy would make it something like a pre-1990 version.

That’s an old Bayliner Explorer model. They came 20 or 26 ft versions. The 26 ft version did not plane. Powered by 4 cylinder Volvo gas I/O. Pictured is the 26.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 01_lake-powell-utah.jpg
    01_lake-powell-utah.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 63
I finally read the article. Interesting, they spend 50 large to go from 26' 1" to 29' 7" and maintain the 8' width. And that does not include the $12K entry fee or the brand new Volvo TAMD 22 P SX diesel.

Hmm and I thought towing my 3 year old 1989 2755 Ciera Sunbridge (27' X 8 1/2' weighing in at 3.5 tons) to Bahia Kino was silly.

There is only one hull that comes close to my creature comforts and interior cabin layout, which is smaller than most of their examples. Who ever wrote that article knew nothing about what represents trailer trawlers, IMO much less comparable designed hulls with outboard boats outfitted and used for multiple overnight stays.

It does seem like they put A LOT of money and effort into getting the boat they wanted. I wonder if they sold the Bayliner and bought a boat that was closer to their "ideal" boat if it would have been less expensive. The bottom line though, is they are happy with the path they took. That's really all that should matter.

Back
Top Bottom