ICW Map Quest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddalme

Vessel Name
Relenti
Vessel Make
Atlantic 30, 1983
I am trying to find a chart book for the ICW along the Gulf Coast. I thought I saw a Large atlas type book years ago, but I can't seem to find it on the net. What is everyone using or recommended. I would like to not have 8 or so noaa charts to store, etc.

I use Doziers Waterway Guide, Southern 2014. It's the bound book as you describe with all the charts and will guide you from the keys and up the west coast, through Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana all the way to Brownsville Texas

Google shopping:
Maptech Paper Chart Kit: Region 8

For the ICW west of N.O. to Houston the Barway Pilots Guide is very good covers the ICW in detail I think 5 miles per page with the Tow's "pet names" for features along the way. I keep it next to me whenever on that stretch of the ICW.

It is sold in most chart stores catering to commercial traffic. Baker Lyman in New Orleans has them probably someone in Lafayette or Morgan City, Marine Education Textbooks in Houma carries it and many other charts, etc.

Barway Pilots Guides

Designed and compiled by towboat pilot Jimmy W. Leggett for towboat pilots. Clear, clutter-free charts with extensive, detailed notes on heavy paper, spiral bound, 14 x 9.

GICW New Orleans to Houston $115.00 T18575
GICW Pelican Cut to Corpus Christi $115.00 T18576
Houston Ship Channel & Harbor $75.00 T18577
Morgan City to Port Allen $75.00 T18578
Black-Ouachita River System $80.00 T18579
Lower Mississippi $115.00 T18580
East of Harvey Lock, New Orleans to Port St. Joe FL $90.00 T11687
Tennessee-Tombigby Waterway $115.00 T18735

thanks guys, that's what I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom