Ian South Carolina Hurricane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry M

Guru
Site Team
Crap!

Attachments

• 60600118-CDD9-4774-B494-F9FE3894D971.jpg
    60600118-CDD9-4774-B494-F9FE3894D971.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 22
  • B44E6232-D445-46EA-B589-DB52D57EBFE1.jpg
    B44E6232-D445-46EA-B589-DB52D57EBFE1.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 22
Yep and now we all get higher insurance rates because of people too lazy to move their boats.

Don't say that, not coming to SC! We are well inland but are still being affected with preparations. We will be at the NC State Clemson game, but it is now so very trivial. Everything is after seeing what those poor people are going through. I just hate it. We spent a fair amount of time there in the past couple of years and really liked the area. Good people who don't deserve this.

This it he history of major hurricanes in SC, I was in Sullivan's Island mere days after Hugo. There were NO dunes...none. God's country.

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/climate/sco/Education/facts/historical_hurricanes.pdf

My brother-in-law was with first responders who arrived on Sullivans after Hugo. They arrived by boat because the Ben Sawyer bridge was knocked off its pins. He recalled that, as the roads slowly became passable, one of the first vehicles he saw rolling was a beer truck. Three of the houses we used to rent on Sullivans and Isle of Palms either had to be torn down or were literally gone. Before Hugo, there was a jungle across the street from my wife’s cousin’s house on IOP. Afterward, there places you could almost see across the island. I imagine there are some people waiting for Ian with PTSD.

Back
Top Bottom