I pressed the wrong button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ducatihottie

HI:

I only use my phone for this site, (new Samsung Note).

A few days ago I pressed something wrong. And now the whole site is small with tiny font. When I type it runs off the page. I may have pressed "desktop site"... I don't know.

How do I fix it please as this might be my simplest question ever.

Next up, a South China Sea question. How does a first time boat owner like me navigate it? And will "Google Maps" on my phone get me there?

Last edited:
Do you use the app? Or a browser?

If the app...I don't know.

If a browser, try clicking on the three vertical dots in the upper-right, and then unchecking the "Desktop site" box, if it is checked.

You may also check to see if the "pinching gesture" in and out for zoom helps at all.

Others may have better suggestions.

Cheers!
-Greg

I didn't know there was an app. Can I find ot on Google play store? Is that all's I have to do:?

"Try unchecking the "Desktop site" box, if it is checked".

I keep doing that all the time.

Last edited:
I didn't know there was an app. Can I find ot on Google play store? Is that all's I have to do:?

"Try unchecking the "Desktop site" box, if it is checked".

I keep doing that all the time.
Yep! Decent app too. I run on Android phone. Only glitch is sometimes attached pictures won't display - show an icon with a broken link for some reason. Issue went away, then reappeared a couple weeks ago. I have no similar issues on Cruisers Forum, a sail-oriented sister site, so wonder what I messed up.

Good luck.

Peter

If you're unsure how to handle zoom/browser settings on your phone... well, some chart plotting options are simpler than others.

No, google maps will not handle navigating on the water.

Is the app, "Trawler forums social knowledge LLC"? There are 2 apps.

Still doesn't adress what happened and why? I don't know what browser I'm using on my android phone. I assume I'm using "chrome"? I simply turn my phone and click on the icon "trawlerforum" that I dragged to my home page.

I've never used zoom and didn't know it had a browser. I thought it was only for face to face yacking. And / or work meetings I ignore while I'm at home.

Im also certain of one thing. Zoom was created to ruin my life since I didn't buy stock in it month's ago.

Last edited:
...Next up, a South China Sea question. How does a first time boat owner like me navigate it? And will "Google Maps" on my phone get me there?

I highly recommend downloading Navionics App on your phone and iPad. Easy to use and constantly updated with latest hazards.

About that South China Sea comment...You want to go there with technology while seated at your desk and not with your new boat, yes? A year ago I would have recommended touring it on a cruise ship, as we’ve enjoyed that itinerary a number of times. Unfortunately that’s not an option right now.

Hottie, I have only read a few of your posts, but methinks you are pulling our leg.

That would be correct. I searched most difficult sea to navigate and watched videos for fun. I won't even be taking my boat out of lake Washington and Puget Sound

Back
Top Bottom