I closed the deal (and an intro)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
Well, I am officially the owner of an older trawler! *I am still not sure I know what I've gotten myself into but figure worse case it will just take a ton of money to make things right! *:)We were supposed to have closed last week but had some things come up that we want to check out and verify, etc. *So we now own the happiest little 36 Monk/MMC I've seen. *She needs some exterior refit but we are very excited. *Best part was propping my feet up at the lower helm with an icy cold beer in hand (about 98 degrees outside!!!). *Actually, the best part was this evening when we had the kids and my wife and I and the puppy we got the kids earlier this summer...all hanging out telling jokes, laughing, and having fun together. *LOVE family time on the water!!! *:)

You all have been very welcoming with all of my questions over the last week or two. *I am sure I will have many more questions as I proceed with some of the work we have planned for her. *Until now we've owned newer/faster boats....had a deck boat, then bought a 2003 Cruisers 3372 express, then a 2005 Silverton 38 Sport Bridge. *We just sold the silverton this past winter and have been shopping pretty much since then. *A slower, older, classic trawler is just more our style I think and we just absolutely love her all teak interior. *We currently boat on Lake Lanier just outside of Atlanta, GA but will ultimately be bringing her to the TN River to do more seasonal cruising and who knows, with any luck, we'll get to do the great loop!!! *We just love being on the water and spending time with our children on the boat and this little trawler is going to be great for us I think.

Anyway- exciting day today since we finally closed on our new ride- now the work begins!! *:)

-- Edited by Woodsong on Wednesday 4th of August 2010 08:54:22 PM

-- Edited by Woodsong on Wednesday 4th of August 2010 08:56:50 PM

Attachments

• feet up1.jpg
    feet up1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 78
Hiya,
** Very hearty congrat's.* Family, pets, friends, on the water...THAT's what it's all about.

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy your new ride, sounds like you will.
I just boat a 35 Carver, fast boat, sounds like similar to one you just sold. I've done nothing except work on her, but that will soon change.
I too hope to do the loop in a couple of years.
Good luck.
Tim

Congratulations to you! We purchased our 34' Marine Trader back in February, and she is now just about the way we want her after a lot of work that has been truly personally rewarding. We, too, loved faster boats, but this is the way to go and see the world...at 6 or 7 knots. Have fun!

Congrats! Now it's time to put down the beer and get to work (grin)!

Now it's time to put down the beer and get to work (grin)!

HUNH?

I thought this was to be a Pleasure boat , not a slave ship.

Congratulations!

I just purchased a 1984 Monk 36 which is probably very similar to yours.* If I do say so myself, a very nice vessel!* I too am learning my way around, and so far I have no regrets even though our first real cruise turned up some issues.* I look forward to hearing about your new boat.

Thanks all- we are loving it. Woody, what hull # is your Monk? do you have the full fridge/freezer behind lower helm on starboard side or the smaller, under the counter fridge yielding more counter space? We've got the larger fridge but that means not much counter space! :)

Woodsong wrote:

Thanks all- we are loving it. Woody, what hull # is your Monk? do you have the full fridge/freezer behind lower helm on starboard side or the smaller, under the counter fridge yielding more counter space? We've got the larger fridge but that means not much counter space! :)
We have hull #48.* The fridge is a half size one under the countertop.* Monk is a well constructed boat, and I love the quality of the woodwork inside (and out), as well as the nice lines.* I have joined the Monk Owners Association, although I haven't*yet been granted access to their Yahoo group site.**I*hope your A/C is working well!**It has been HOT lately
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom