How are you at backing your boat into a slip? Disney Dream needs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That'll buff out...

200w.gif

Docking by braille. Been there, done that.

We don't need to stinkin' back-up camera!

ouch.
that was nassau. not the worst place to dock. i wonder how bad the docking was at cast away cay. its much tighter and unforgiving of mistakes.

That's a reminder that if you are making a video with sound, you (the camera person) shouldn't be talking or making comments.

My wife had a small fender bender in the car, $2700 to fix it..can't imagine what that ones gonna cost..

That's a reminder that if you are making a video with sound, you (the camera person) shouldn't be talking or making comments.
Please reload the invisible ink tank.

Well, now at least I feel better about bending that dock post on a windy day last season.

It was obviously the wife's fault. It's her job to holler if we're going to hit something while docking.

Where was the crew to push off with their foot?

This just in:
"Goofy backs over one of the 7 Wharves"

Which one? Obviously Doc!

I've been doing OK w it.
I approach form the side that will benefit from prop walk and aim for a certain spot on the other side alowing for a bit of drift from inertia. I turn the helm hard over and leave it there. Aim for a spot on the other side that has worked before. Then when I'm lined up .. back straight in. Haven't done it in more than 10 knots of wind but if the wind was blowing I could go past, turn around and approach from the other way. Of course I could always go straight in.

Back
Top Bottom