How many of you also have a motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• boaterhome.jpg
    boaterhome.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 21
IMG_9894.jpg
IMG_9907.jpg
62784983383__D12D1456-982E-4570-BEED-BBD17356ED4E.jpg

This is our little cargo trailer we converted this year and my Suburban tow rig. We’ve had fun towing it down to a cool little windsurfing spot on Padre Island. We let the cargo ramp down and enjoy the view.

I made a portable solar “suitcase” rig with two cheap 100w mono panels that fold up and store easily under the futon in the trailer. We can stay off grid running the little DC fridge for days this way (as long as it’s fairly sunny out of course).

Last edited:
View attachment 110860
View attachment 110863
View attachment 110864

This is our little cargo trailer we converted this year and my Suburban tow rig. We’ve had fun towing it down to a cool little windsurfing spot on Padre Island. We let the cargo ramp down and enjoy the view.

I made a portable solar “suitcase” rig with two cheap 100w mono panels that fold up and store easily under the futon in the trailer. We can stay off grid running the little DC fridge for days this way (as long as it’s fairly sunny out of course).

Access to food, hydration, lavatory?? I guess... those needs near by where camping...

Access to food, hydration, lavatory?? I guess... those needs near by where camping...

We have a shower and a composting toilet in the trailer. Fridge for food. Water jugs. Wine. Beer. Etc. [emoji57]

This is our little cargo trailer we converted this year and my Suburban tow rig. We’ve had fun towing it down to a cool little windsurfing spot on Padre Island. We let the cargo ramp down and enjoy the view...

We went the cargo trailer route as well. Trailer had to be nimble enough to do U-turns on a two lane highway...to go back for photography opportunities.

With storage in the tow vehicle as well, you can carry a mind boggling amount of stuff compared to a backpack or sea kayak. Much like our boat, it's not an end unto itself, but a base camp to further adventures.

Attachments

• Truck-Trailer Rockies.jpg
    Truck-Trailer Rockies.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
We are out of the RV trips now.

We did see one couple, and talked to them a bit, towing their Ranger tug, I think 27 , using it as their trailer while on their way to Florida where they were wintering. This was their second trip. They left from some place in Wash. State. Don't remember where.

They got dual use from their boat.

We are out of the RV trips now.

We did see one couple, and talked to them a bit, towing their Ranger tug, I think 27 , using it as their trailer while on their way to Florida where they were wintering. This was their second trip. They left from some place in Wash. State. Don't remember where.

They got dual use from their boat.

We've penciled in the trailerable boat as RV/dual use idea for "When we get old".

We went the cargo trailer route as well. Trailer had to be nimble enough to do U-turns on a two lane highway...to go back for photography opportunities.

With storage in the tow vehicle as well, you can carry a mind boggling amount of stuff compared to a backpack or sea kayak. Much like our boat, it's not an end unto itself, but a base camp to further adventures.

Yours looks much more nimble and easy to tow than mine. Mine is a 7x14 with a high roof, and I loaded it up with too much stuff like the AC unit, hot water heater, composting toilet, simple shower, shiplap on all the walls and ceiling, two group 31 batteries, etc, etc. With the weight and the high roof my suburban can definitely feel it. I think I have too much weight on the tongue.

But it looks pretty cool!
62691832192__9C9047AD-AD30-45FF-86B0-6AFB1982E5FB.jpg

Last edited:
Yours looks much more nimble and easy to tow than mine. Mine is a 7x14 with a high roof, and I loaded it up with too much stuff like the AC unit, hot water heater, composting toilet, simple shower, shiplap on all the walls and ceiling, two group 31 batteries, etc, etc. With the weight and the high roof my suburban can definitely feel it. I think I have too much weight on the tongue.

But it looks pretty cool!
View attachment 110869

Love it Bill. BTW, I saw your boat in person a couple of weeks ago visiting Larry and Lena. Very cool

Love it Bill. BTW, I saw your boat in person a couple of weeks ago visiting Larry and Lena. Very cool

Was she still floating right side up? [emoji51]

We haven’t been back to Florida since May for various reasons. Hope to get there soon. I would like to cruise up the St John’s River a ways and check it out. Not sure if this is the right time to do that though.

How’s the salvage business?

"We've penciled in the trailerable boat as RV/dual use idea for "When we get old"."

The hassle is when you get old its no fun climbing a ladder to get on and off when on land.

"We've penciled in the trailerable boat as RV/dual use idea for "When we get old"."

The hassle is when you get old its no fun climbing a ladder to get on and off when on land.

You’re talking about ‘really old’ :D

I’m 60 and lucky enough to be able to jog every second day and scamper up mountains. Quite the genetic lottery win (picked my parents well) on my part!

More on getting old...I used to run barefoot and did a bit of reading on our genetic ancestry.

I found it interesting how our ability to run long distances, combined with our being able to sweat and to breath independent of gait cycle, were our winning tickets in the genetic evolutionary lottery. We practiced persistence hunting.

We could keep a Kudu on the move all day in the African heat, to the point such that, the Kudu was effectively dead on its feet from heat exhaustion and you could walk up to it and push a spear into its heart. Saw that in a documentary...the runner in the hunting group was played out as well, but had the edge over the Kudu.

Another bit I remember is a study of lifelong marathon runners, where they took the times of the runners when they were 18, and compared that with their times throughout the rest of their lives. Do you know what age they slowed down enough to match their 18 year old times? They were, on average, were 60 years old!

Seems this thread for boat owners who also own a motorhome has morphed a bit ... into physical prowess and health posts. Just Sayen!

Soooooo....

I started the following... a new thread: Regarding "Continued Health and Physical Prowess" Bet we can share a bunch of great ideas and successes on staying alive and healthy!

Looking forward to read your ways for continued personal success!!

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/continued-health-physical-prowess-54701.html#post948996

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom