How do you make coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have an inverter or propane. Has anyone tried 12 volt appliances like these?

A Sea Swing stove with a kerosene Primus style burner will operate in most conditions.

It does take a while to light , but the 10,000BTU output soon catches up with regular stoves.

The expresso style method is great as HEAT is the only requirement , lots of heat = quick coffee.

I find only the SS style expresso units are suitable for boats , as if sea water is used to rinse a recycled aluminum unit , it soon discolors to oblivion.

I don't have an inverter or propane. Has anyone tried 12 volt appliances like these?

A Sea Swing stove with a kerosene Primus style burner will operate in I find only the SS style expresso units are suitable for boats , as if sea water is used to rinse a recycled aluminum unit , it soon discolors to oblivion.

good stainless or glass is the best from a health standpoint and stainless is the least breakable. I've had green stuff keep comming out of a cheap chineese made coffee machine so now i am reluctant to use stainless and most often do the french press thing. I keep an extra pyrex bottle in case i break the one I'm using.

coffee has acids in it

Dockside, Mr.Coffee is the source of java.

On the hook or underway, its either French press or a percolator (old school).

Our single burner butane stove (I expect they are all the same) also takes a circular grill tray on top (costs about same as stove); use it to cook ashore or wherever you fancy.Never used it for coffee,we have an espresso machine.

While living in the Dominican Republic, I learned that the value of the standard coffee pot (called "Greca") was a highly prized possession. When it came to selling everything I had and returning to the US, I wasn't surprised to have several people call me to ask for my Greca, which according to them, was the worlds best. Grecas are often crude and imperfect constructions, and when you find a good one that fits and seals properly, it makes all the difference in preparing ones coffee. Anyway, I became spoiled with my Greca and Santo Domingo brand coffee, and I've never had a better store-bought cup.

this is what i use.. makes a very tasty strong almost espresso like coffee.
and yes, i call it the $7000 cup of coffee as i proudly run the generator to power our electric stove.
i then pour it in a thermo for cup number two.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom