Holding Tank Sending Unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharpseadog

Vessel Name
Tinka
Vessel Make
Mariner/Helmsman 38
I recently replaced WEMA sending unit on one of my 2 holding tanks. I assumed it didn't matter which wire was spliced to which, Was I wrong? It isn't working. Any ideas? Help! ?

I have replaced several WEMA senders on my boat, and I do not think polarity matters to the sender, but does to the gauge. Do you have both senders running to a selector switch and only one gauge, or does each sender report to its own gauge? Swap the wires ar the gauge?

Each tank has its own gauge. I have not swapped wires yet, but will try before I spend any more money. I didn't pay any attention to which wire I spliced to which, so 50% probability that is my problem. Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how this turns out. Replacing that sensing unit was a Bitch! If this doesn't work, i am considering Scad units. Good access to sides of tanks. ��

Once I had the access holes cut over my WEMA senders, it was a snap to get one out recently when I wanted to double check its operation by sliding the magnet up and down the rod.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom