Hodges Marine for parts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do see that after Googling them. I was only on their website and the only method of contacting them from that was using their "Contact us" button, which is what I used. In the ticket I submitted was specifically what I wanted as in toilet and features and asked for a price and phone number. The response that I received asked me for a manufacturer part number and to resubmit the ticket, no phone number...nothing. I resubmitted the ticket and days later still no response. In my mind, for that type of customer service my money is best spent elsewhere.

After their phone number right on the web page and easily googled...you are pretty harsh for something when you seemed to miss the obvious.

Last edited:
After their phone number right on the web page and easily googled...you are pretty harsh for something when you seemed to miss the obvious.

My point was it is not on their website the only option I found for contacting them was through their ticket system

My point was it is not on their website the only option I found for contacting them was through their ticket system

The phone number is right on top of their webpage...

I tried to do a web page capture but I couldn't get it to come up here.

Look again...top of webpage just right of center.

At least on Windows, maybe not if you are using the devil's apple stuff or Android. :D

Read to the left of Hodges Marine symbol....

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
The phone number is right on top of their webpage...

I tried to do a web page capture but I couldn't get it to come up here.

Look again...top of webpage just right of center.

At least on Windows, maybe not if you are using the devil's apple stuff or Android. :D

Read to the left of Hodges Marine symbol....

You're right. I booted my wife off of her computer and looked at the website via Windows and it is there while it won't display via Android. It still irks me that when I asked for their phone number to spend $1000 on a toilet it should have been provided. Can't be assumed all of us are geniuses

Geniuses? Simple internet shopping is pretty basic.

I may give them another try tomorrow but I'm leaning towards Marine Parts Resource. Either way I will be ordering one tomorrow!

Phil, I spoke to Marine Parts Source www.marinepartssource.com last Monday, 23 January, and verified the Model Number Raritan Marine Elegance toilet I wanted to buy, and purchased it. It arrived this morning via UPS. Seven days to assemble and ship. Shipping included, no sales tax. Win Win in my book!:dance: Also best price I could find. Just on a whim, I called Hodges again this morning. They still contend that the model toilet I want, whose model number Raritan provided to me, and which is now sitting in my salon awaiting installation . . . . doesn't exist . . . . I couldn't compare Hodges price because . . . well because they say my model doesn't exist!:nonono: Oh well, Hodges didn't get my $$$, Marine Part Source (no affiliation, just a happy customer) did.
Wherever you purchase, I think you'll be happy with the Marine Elegance!

For what it’s worth, there is no phone number on the Hodges homepage or the “contact me” page on my iPhone, I could find it by clicking on “about us” on the homepage. That’s not all that hard to find, but it could be easier.

That’s not a reason not to order from them, but their web design could be better.

On my laptop the phone number is there on three different browsers. On my android phone using Chrome the number is not shown unless you select the desktop version of the website. Maybe this is a bug in their mobile website design.

For what it’s worth, there is no phone number on the Hodges homepage or the “contact me” page on my iPhone, I could find it by clicking on “about us” on the homepage. That’s not all that hard to find, but it could be easier.

That’s not a reason not to order from them, but their web design could be better.

The picture I posted earlier clearly shows the phone number on their home page www.hodgesmarine.com when using a computer.

On their mobile site like you pointed out, the phone number could be in several spots, not just in "about us"...... but that is pretty common in my web searches or in an "address" page if they have one.

As far as saying a part number doesn't exist...wow....I have run into that so many times makes my head hurt. In the automotive/truck world as well as marine. As companies get bought and sold, even just same model but different year and the part number will be different in different dealer's data bases. Even some "descriptions" fail to match up parts, but with places like Hodges, usually telling them what you are looking for works out, model or part numbers be damned (sometimes). :D

Last edited:
Phil, I spoke to Marine Parts Source www.marinepartssource.com last Monday, 23 January, and verified the Model Number Raritan Marine Elegance toilet I wanted to buy, and purchased it. It arrived this morning via UPS. Seven days to assemble and ship. Shipping included, no sales tax. Win Win in my book!:dance: Also best price I could find. Just on a whim, I called Hodges again this morning. They still contend that the model toilet I want, whose model number Raritan provided to me, and which is now sitting in my salon awaiting installation . . . . doesn't exist . . . . I couldn't compare Hodges price because . . . well because they say my model doesn't exist!:nonono: Oh well, Hodges didn't get my $$$, Marine Part Source (no affiliation, just a happy customer) did.

I called Hodges today and asked for the status of the ticket I submitted for the price of the Raritan ME. I gave the ticket number and the person I was speaking with couldn't find it (I even sent a screen shot). She created a new ticket to determine price again since she couldn't quote the price and I had to supply the part number again...holy cow.
Even though I will be paying sales tax with Marine Parts Source I'm going with them (I have the privilege to pay sales tax as they have a brick and mortar business in Florida).
Others on here may have had great experiences with Hodges Marine and should continue using them. I will not.

On my iPad the phone number is right near the top of the page in bold type.

I called Hodges today and asked for the status of the ticket I submitted for the price of the Raritan ME. I gave the ticket number and the person I was speaking with couldn't find it (I even sent a screen shot). She created a new ticket to determine price again since she couldn't quote the price and I had to supply the part number again...holy cow.
Even though I will be paying sales tax with Marine Parts Source I'm going with them (I have the privilege to pay sales tax as they have a brick and mortar business in Florida).
Others on here may have had great experiences with Hodges Marine and should continue using them. I will not.

I totally agree with your decision. Lots of people had great dealings with Hodges. Good for them, and if I were them, with the same experiences, I wouldn't switch either. But I'm not them, and I didn't have those good experiences. I can excuse honest mistakes, but to just totally ignore my multiple e-mails when I have legitimate concern, and not even be able to pull up my orders when I call them direct . . . . nope, not gonna happen, there are other companies around whom I've not had problems with, and will be my go to shops. YMMV

I bought a reman Magnum inverter from Hodges 5 years ago and it’s still doing its job.

Never had an issue

Hodges Marine

Used them many times, including a return that was my fault due to ordering an incompatible item. All transactions have been flawless, they are my go to supplier at the moment.

I've ordered a few things from them (via their website) over the last few years with no issues. They've only occasionally come up as the best or cheapest source for something, so I haven't ordered a lot from them.

Same here.

Good prices for Raritan

A while back I found a source called Boatersland was the best for Raritan products.

Don't know if it still will be.

A while back I found a source called Boatersland was the best for Raritan products.

Don't know if it still will be.

Boatersland did have a rather good price but Como & Slow pointed me to Marinepartssource and hands down had the best price shipped to my door for the ME. After that search was over for the ME (will be here in a couple days) I ended up getting Saniflex hose from Defender, hot water heater from Amazon, Pex A pipe and fittings from Fittingsnvalves, Pex expander (Milwaukee) on Offerup. I am grateful that my wife is letting me go for any and all projects on the boat!

I've used Wholesale Marine with good results. Competitive pricing with free shipping over $99. Best of all they regularly have 10% off sales & sometimes 20% off.

Shopping Raritan prices

There are certainly many reasons why a retail establishment has a better price on something. Maybe overstock, maybe any 1 of many other reasons. I think at times it is a good idea to establish a long-term rapport with 1 though.

We purchased our boat in '10 and she had an Electra Scan installed. The PO also had a plastic pipe that ran from the aft head along a stringer to the fwd location of the Electra Scan, flex hose on each end. We also have a holding tank that with a Y-valve we can direct the effluent to.

I think that the solid pipe is a good move if you have the ability to run it.

My Raritan ME came today from Marine Parts Source.
Even though I'm just looking at the box right now. Waiting on the rest of my water system parts to begin tearing things apart.

My Raritan ME came today from Marine Parts Source.
Even though I'm just looking at the box right now. Waiting on the rest of my water system parts to begin tearing things apart.

And an absolutely impressive box it is! It's a shame to just toss it . . . . :mad:

Back
Top Bottom