Old 07-28-2021, 01:59 PM   #1
Scraping Paint

City: nowhere
His First Boat - One Man Against the World.

Just found this channel. Only 38K subscribers. While it's quite evident that he could use some professional assistance in repairing his boat, I've got to give him props for having the balls to continue posting videos despite the amount of negative comments they attract.

Just a few of the comments from his videos:

"“Doing it properly” ? Get a HULL SURVEY, or this this is going to sink."

"Never going to get insured, but your attitude is great!"

"Omg.. you can't hammer out rust in bunks and proceed with oil or paint.. you have to have some minimum thickness of steel in the hull.. specially below waterline. Do contact professional boat survey persons or alike and ask for hull-inspection."

"So far we haven't seen a bilge pump in use, nor a wet dry vac, nor any type of pump. Yes you need a hull survey or its unlikely you will get insurance of your lovely rust bucket."

toocoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:17 PM   #2

City: Out and About
Vessel Model: Sold-GB 52 Europa, Queenship 59, Tolly 45
For a total newbie he is doing very well. No fear and making good progress. One thing that surprised me was that you seemingly can anchor in Berlin's waterways pretty much anything anywhere. I would not have expected that in Germany. Germans usually have rules about everything.
gsholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:10 PM   #3
Scraping Paint

City: nowhere
I've watched all 39 episodes that he's created. Poor guy can't even dock his boat without someone commenting on how wrong he's doing it. I'm glad to see him persevering though. He's done a lot of things that I probably wouldn't, and he's done a lot of things that I probably would, but either way, he's getting things done.

I wish the U.S. had cool boats like they do though. And there seems to be a plethora of them over there.
toocoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:22 PM   #4

City: Cairns
I think he's doing a great job with limited experience. I too questioned some of his methods but it's coming out well. I thought buying the pontoon/barge was a stupid idea but now he's got the ultimate work area and future party space

Good luck to him
GoneDiving is offline   Reply With Quote