High Water Alarms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 3 bilge pumps all controlled by individual float switches and each can be manually turned on at the helm. I installed an additional float switch about 3" above the center bilge pump which is connected to a siren and a red led flasher both located on the radar arch. Wired electrically in parallel is a panic switch located in the master stateroom. The siren is so loud that I installed a siren cut off switch at the helm so as not to be so distractive I couldn't talk on the radio. All this is hot wired to the engine start batt with a fuse of course. Has never activated.

Two compartments with two pumps each

The second pump 4" higher is the high volume pump with alarm

All pumps have cycle counters

Pumps are in the hollow keel

Compartments join above 18" still in the keel

so, 4 pumps and 2 alarms

View attachment 55282

Ted

Ted,
Is that a current Aqualarm product? I need one of those , can't find it on their site, though....

I have two.
1) Is a high water switch connected to a buzzer at the help. The switch is a float switch in a cage mounted about 6" above the bilge switches/pumps.
2) Is electronic switches in every bilge compartment, engine room and lazzertte that have a separate electronic buzzer in the hallway of the lower level. The buzzer is load enough to hear while engines running from the pilothouse. I installed this after a freshwater line to a shower leaked into a forward bilge. Water 1/4" sets off the alarm.

Ted,
Is that a current Aqualarm product? I need one of those , can't find it on their site, though....

I had them make it for me. Copy and save the picture I posted. Send them (Rodney) an email (aqualarm@live.com) with the attached picture. Tell him they made it in July 2015. Customer name was Ted Green.

Ted

I added Borel high water alarms to my boat. Also got 3 high exhaust temperature alarms and 2 water in fuel alarms. It has both audio and visual displays, very easy install.

Back
Top Bottom