Hi-Tek Barnaclean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alemao

Guru
Vessel Name
ORIGINAL
Vessel Make
Hi Star 55
Anyone knows?

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

Last edited:
Hi Cap Bill, does it works well?

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

I spent on my last bottom paint $ 4.300 at Ponce-DR few months ago and I'll need again in few months more

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

I spent on my last bottom paint $ 4.300 at Ponce-DR few months ago and I'll need again in few months more

Ponce PR perhaps? :)

Yes those systems work. And if installed proper they work pretty well.

You have to understand that they don't eliminate the need for bottom paint and bottom maintenance completely. But the can extend the time between bottom jobs and scrub downs while helping to keep running gear clear of fouling.

Yes, PR :)
My boat is now in St Martin, docked at Bobby's Boatyard and I intend to paim before put on the water and I'm thinking in install these Hi Teck barnaclean

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

If this system worked in tropical waters, where fouling is a real PITA, I would be very interested. A quick Google search does not turn up lots of enthusiastic users posting on forums like this one. For that reason alone I am not too hopeful.

If this system worked in tropical waters, where fouling is a real PITA, I would be very interested. A quick Google search does not turn up lots of enthusiastic users posting on forums like this one. For that reason alone I am not too hopeful.

I found most people who were unhappy with it had unreal expectations of what it could do. It's not a magic cure for having to paint your boats bottom.

With products like PropSpeed and some of the high tech bottom paints available now I'm not sure how worth while the system is.

If using this system, I can paint the botton every 2 years, it was payed

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

Back
Top Bottom