Old 10-15-2020, 09:39 PM   #1

City: SEATTLE
Hi everyone, Ducatihottie here, (Brian)

42 foot CHB Ponderosa at Fisherman's Terminal in Seattle.

While I gained a boatload of information from EVERYONE here, I abandoned the site out of embarrassment.

Why?

I bit off more than I can handle in such a short time. I'm in Respiratory Medicine, (my patients are dying left and right). Plus as you know, I'm new at boating. As all have warned me here this boating thing is a huge undertaking, (I'm spending money left and right on her).

Furthermore my wife is unemployed and she likes 'BTS" more than me and my boat. I bought this boat on two incomes and now we're down to one and I barf overboard daily.

1. Do any of you own a boat with a wife who doesn't give a hoot?? I know as a fact I can't convince her to enjoy my new love, "Kon Teaki".

And yes I tried turning her onto Ozzy's, "Under The Graveyard" instead of BTS with no success. It turns out she hates me more.

I'm thinking about having her jump off my elevated boat while docking just for her life insurance plan.

2. Good idea or bad?

And now for my stupid question below as questions 1 and 2 above are rock solid.

1. I place in a few drops of this "Escentuals hand soap" into my toilet. I then I fill it with a 24 pack of Rainer Beer pee in about 32 minutes, (not kidding it smells fruity with the soap). FRUITY PEEEEE!

Will adding a few drops of soap ruin my poopy box? It works better than, "eco smart" and that "porta pak" stuff. Can soap bubbles hurt a dark water tank.

Nice talking. If you'll still have me, I have a bunch more stupid stupid questions much better than above.

Boo hoo me, Thanks.
Ducatihottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:42 PM   #2
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
I think you should hold on beer lol

L
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:49 PM   #3

I didn't think about that, maybe my wife doesn't hate the boat?

Not kidding, I was embarrased to post as every warning you guys gave me turned out to be true.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:04 PM   #4
Guru

City: Newport, R.I.
Vessel Name: Hippocampus
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 42
Your head won’t stink if nothing that doesn’t comes out of you goes in and you use fresh water to flush. No chemicals, no cleaning agents, nothing. We use R/O water only in the head. Then no calcium build up either.
Idea is to have aerobes not stinky anaerobes as the main flora in the holding tank. Soap is cidal. Defeats the purpose.
Hippocampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:18 PM   #5

HIPPPOOOOO, What's R/O?

I don't know what "cidel" means. I thought the dab of soap question was a yes or no.

My "porta pak" have that plastic covering that worries me and "eco smart" has that stupid pourer that makes a mess.

Can I use a hand soap in my tank or not? I've only pooped in it once and the majority is pee. I pee a lot, I'm a peepeer that would make Pee-wee proud

Did I mention that I got in a food fight with Eddie Van Halen once?

Hey, I'm back!
Old 10-15-2020, 10:28 PM   #6
Guru

City: Queensland
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Bts????
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:38 PM   #7
Guru

City: Coupeville Wa.
Vessel Name: Pacific Myst
Vessel Model: West Bay 4500
You bought a boat. It's going to eat your wallet for some time until you get it squared away. It's a boat.

Slow down, you don't have to fix everything before you get some joy out of her. (Her being the boat....) From Fisherman's terminal take short outings just to enjoy the boat, maybe your wife will learn to like it too. Ivars nearby has a dock big enough to handle your boat, treat your wife to a nice salmon dinner. Krikland has good dockage, lots of good restaurants in Kirkland. After you've gained some boat handling confidence take her to Blake Island for an overnight. Walk the island's trails. A weekend to Bell Harbor on the Seattle waterfront.

A hint. Never, ever, yell at your wife when docking or un docking goes wrong. It will go wrong, you will scratch the gel coat. It's far easier to fix gel coat than a damaged relationship.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:47 PM   #8

BTS is is a boy's band like NSYNK, Backstreet Boys, 98', N'sync, New Kids on the block and of course Jimmy Hendrix.

No kidding, I went with my wife to a reunion tour with New kids and I was the only guy there. Because of this, can I question number 2 above?

They turned all of the restrooms into women's.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:49 PM   #9
Guru

BTS, also known as the Bangtan Boys, is a seven-member South Korean boy band that began formation in 2010 and debuted in 2013 under Big Hit Entertainment.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:53 PM   #10

Yep, SIMI 60, SHE'S A "V" fan and our life is over, (he's a tad cuter than me). Just a tad bit as he and I just coveted the most handsom man alive award. Stay tuned to see who wins, (me or him)?

Hey Portage, can I pay you to help me practice? I have a single screw and a bowel thruster. PLEASE, even after 4 lessons I still need help, (went through both locks and I'm willing to pay).

ANYONE? I'LL PAY

So far I've learned that my boat has two steering wheels that absolutely do nothing. Bowel thruster is really cool and makes a "orrgvarooom" noise. I pretend I'm cool using it like I do with my Ducati pipes.

The wind thinks my boat has sails and I've placed 4230 bumpers on my boat out of fear. Still need help here in the PNW.

Whew, back to my pee pee post
Old 10-15-2020, 10:55 PM   #11
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatihottie View Post
I didn't think about that, maybe my wife doesn't hate the boat?

Not kidding, I was embarrased to post as every warning you guys gave me turned out to be true.
Ok, well, at least you have the gumption to admit you didn't listen to all that good advice - advice albeit you didn't want to hear at the time.

However, all is not lost. You like the boat - your wife does not. Then you work out a compromise where you work, (code for having fun, working), on the boat - or take friends out, at times when she is doing 'her' thing', whatever that is.

Then occasionally, when she sees you being a nicer person to live with because you are having 'fun' (code for working on boat & maybe going out), with the boat, she will probably accept the odd occasion to take her out - best with some of her friends as well - then you can impress them all with just how much fun boating can be.

Lo and behold, before too long she'll ask for an over-nighter, and if you plan it well - no frights or mishaps with the cooking - or the toilet - she might well go more often.

Just sayin'...from a fellow medic, and one whose wife was not as keen as me re the boating thing, while I was not into the church-going thing like she was. See where I'm going here..?
PS. Take care re this covid thing. We all highly respect those on the front line. I'm now retired, and not sorry I'm not - on the front line, that is.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:02 PM   #12
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Quote:
Hey Portage, can I pay you to help me practice? I have a single screw and a bowel thruster. PLEASE, even after 4 lessons I still need help, (went through both locks and I'm willing to pay).

ANYONE? I'LL PAY
Hmmm, a bowel thruster...
Could be range of issues right there....or a predictive text typo.....or.....
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:11 PM   #13
Guru

City: Coupeville Wa.
Vessel Name: Pacific Myst
Vessel Model: West Bay 4500
Yes, maybe.

I've got a life time of experience, literally a life time, with single screw. Almost all of if without thrusters. I don't have much experience as an instructor. And I live on Whidbey Island so that's a 2 to 3 hr trip to Fisherman's terminal.

If you can't find someone closer we can think about it.

Google Capt Linda Lewis. I don't know her personally but she has a good reputation as an instructor.

Quote:
Yep, SIMI 60, SHE'S A "V" fan and our life is over as he's a tad cuter than me.

ANYONE? I'LL PAY

So far I've learned that my boat has two steering wheels that absolutely do nothing. Bowel thruster is really cool and makes a "orrgvarooom" noise. I pretend I'm cool using it like I do with my Ducati pipes.

The wind thinks my boat has sails and I've placed 4230 bumpers on my boat out of fear. Still need help here in the PNW.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:30 PM   #14

Portage:

Linda's freaking expensive, done that.

OK EVERYONE SCREW ME and my PEE PEE POST.

My dock "8" has a a boat sticking out about 10 feet or more and I'm petrified going in and out of my slip.

MY WIFE can't help nor would I risk her life, (Ishe feeds my Bichon, "Popcorn"). And, she's happy with the tradeoff.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:04 AM   #15

Hey Peter B.

My wife is not a fan of of my favorite song from "Hues Corporation". Whooda figure?

I also thought that the boat motions would help, (I'm 58) Any advice:?

If not, has your boat helped your sex life..... OK I went there, the first on this forum... nope not there, searched.

Back to my soap pee thingamajig. Is it ok?
Old 10-16-2020, 12:21 AM   #16

Hi bruce! Freaking missed you!

I'm figuring a bowel thruster would cost a bit more than it does in Downtown Seattle on a corner.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:32 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
I was wondering where you had gone. Glad to see you came back.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 01:47 AM   #18

Hi Peter, Bruce and Dave above.

Not kidding, I completely freaked out because I had a billion questions and I didn't want to bug you.

My boats a beauty. You will laugh at how little problems it's divining

Ill keep you posted when CSR pulls my boat out next week.
My ftrakum stop c9co filtresho0rtryt I'd broke..east fix
Old 10-16-2020, 01:48 AM   #19

City: Green Country
Wow.
MRRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:40 AM   #20
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
Hmmm, a bowel thruster...
Could be range of issues right there....or a predictive text typo.....or.....
Pictures I will never get out of my head.

Making a brave effort with martinis and now, a lively Shiraz.