Heritage East Trawlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kody

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
450 Ocean Alexander Classico
Greetings.
Any thoughts on late model 36' Heritage East Trawlers? Quality, handling, any problems specific to the builder, etc.
Thanks in advance.
Kody

Greetings.
Any thoughts on late model 36' Heritage East Trawlers? Quality, handling, any problems specific to the builder, etc.
Thanks in advance.
Kody
Nice boats, in my view. Not ocean crossing capable, but coastal, definitely, and they combine the best of both worlds in that they have an aft stateroom, and yet also have a nice covered aft sundeck/cockpit area for indoor/outdoor livin', something classic tri-cabins lack.

These are generic taiwan trawlers with all the issues inherent to that breed. Often plywood coring in the decks is made up of random size scraps, windows leak and the fuel tanks were improperly fitted and often badly corroded. The tanks were often covered by fibrous acoustic tiles making close examination very difficult. These tanks are often referred to as "black iron" but are actually mild steel with a treatment that makes them appear black. If the tanks and deck core and leaking windows have been addressed or you are willing to take care of them .... go for it.

I have never owned one, but spent a good deal of time on a 36. It had twin Volvo 165 hp engines. It was a good solid boat, and quite comfortable. They get a little squirrely in following and quartering seas, but that is inherent in the breed.

Thanks to all,
I'm looking at a post 2000 era Cummings equipped, single engine model.

I run a 40 ft Heritage East and I love it. Twin Perkins 135. Boat is beamy and handles well. Teak interior is nice. A good size space for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom