Help identifying satellite TV dome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnEasley

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Wanderlust
Vessel Make
1999 Jefferson Rivanna 52'
Good Morning All,

There are two photos attached below. Apologies for the quality. The images are screenshots from enlarged YachtWorld photos. Best I can do for now. Does the satellite TV dome look familiar? Does anyone know the brand or model? I'd like to learn more about it and how to hook it up to a Dish Network receiver.

We are under contract on a new-to-us Jefferson. The current owner has had it three years and has only used the over-the-air antenna to watch TV, even though it has this satellite dome. He has never hooked it up and isn't sure what type it is or if it works.

I haven't yet been able to take a really close look at it, inspect any wiring, or remove the dome so I haven't been able to identify the brand.

Any help in identifying it and finding an owner's manual would be appreciated.

Thanks.

John

18106-albums803-picture4942.png

18106-albums803-picture4941.png

That looks like the squat KVH rv model. Nothing wrong with that except it may not pick up signals underway, but probably ok at anchor. It has dynamic electronic pointing. Not sure about Dish vs DirecTV capability. Get the model number off of it and look it up on the KVH website.

The other builder of satellite domes is Intellian.

David

Good to know. KVH C-3. Found a forum post on another site that had information on how to diagnose it. Pretty simple. Sure appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this site. Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom