Help finding stable table base

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bligh

Guru
Vessel Name
Concerto
Vessel Make
1980 Cheoy Lee
WE love our new boat. But the main salon table is way too janky. Enough parts of the base move a little that the table wobbles a bit when we are at the table with our kids. We disassembled the table base and tightened everything up and it helped a bit, but its still not as solid as i like.

Can anyone recommend a table base that is SOLID and will support our table without wobbling? We don't need the table to go up/down or even turn, although turning would be ok .

Attachments

• 2020-09-11 20.19.14.jpg
    2020-09-11 20.19.14.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The OEM product that came on my Mainship was very stable but left a real toe stumper on the floor when removed. Think I'm gonna try one of these - smaller base. but has a screw down clamp. Saw one on a high end RV table and it seemed to be pretty stable. Adding a second leg would really tighten thing up,

http://www.itc-rv.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/03/Sequoia-Table-Leg-Base-System-1.pdf

That looks pretty flimsy to me. Maybe its not. But I'm looking for a big cast base and a a fat stanchion base and a solid table flange. So far, I have been quoted $1500 to have a one piece stand fabricated from 5" stainless steel tubing.

Back
Top Bottom