Old 08-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #1

City: Warrior River, Alabama
Help

I have an Albin 27 FC and I need to know how to operate the systems. I got it from the family of a friend who introduced me to Albin trawlers. He passed away and I now have it but there were n manuals or instructions on how to operate the electrical or air or anything. Are there any online operating manuals?
Wrfchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:09 PM   #2
Guru

Best place to find all that out is to join the Albin Owner's group. It's free.

Albin Owners Group - Index page
jleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
Guru

City: Satsuma FL
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Consider hiring a captain for a morning or afternoon to get you going. It will be money well spent.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:06 PM   #4
Guru

City: Thibodaux, Louisiana
Vessel Name: Gumbo
Vessel Model: 2003 Monk 36
I believe most of these boats don't come with a real Owners Manual but usually owners will have stashed manuals for the stoves, fridge, electronics, toilets, etc somewhere on the boat in a box, binder or file folder. there may be something somewhere on your boat.
Otherwise as suggested above the Owners website should be a help. You can also find some manuals online. search for the component's model number or ask the manufacturer. I found one online for my pressure washer engine this afternoon, Free!
Good luck
Old 08-17-2017, 07:56 PM   #5
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
I agree with hiring a captain knowledgeable of the boat or similar boats and let him give you some basic training over every inch of the boat. Also, while there is no Albin owner's manual, much of the equipment has owner's manuals and most of them are available online.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:11 PM   #6

City: Warrior River, Alabama
I'm 384 miles inland from the coast and any knowledgeable Captains. Otherwise I would. I've been to the Albin owners site and haven't had any luck.
Wrfchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:20 PM   #7
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard. In the absence of knowledgeable captains or equipment manuals I guess the best thing to do is start pushing buttons. You might also post pictures and ask "What's this?".

Mr. S offers excellent advice regarding web research for manuals for specific equipment.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:46 AM   #8
Guru

City: Jupiter, Florida
Vessel Name: Black Eyed Susan
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42' Classic
A laptop and a list of equipment brand names and models quickly led me to every manual I needed. Everything from Ford Lehman engines, bow thruster, air conditioning system, 30 year old no longer made or supported Groco seacocks. boat diesel.com for engines was a big help for me.

My personal experience with "push a button" was marginal. Make sure you remember the current state of the button when you push it! Assuming it was in the right position to begin with of course. Same with those funny little yellow handle things in the bilge and near the fuel tanks. They turn on and off stuff that really needs to be on or off. I decided to push some buttons on my inverter control panel and managed to unknowingly turn off the battery charging function. Completely dead batteries when I came back a few days later. Nice.
firstbase is offline   Reply With Quote