Hello! About to close on an 05 GB42 EU

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, good for you guys, sweet looking boat!

Thanks Bliss I read your old thread about boats like this a couple of times. We are having fun and we have barely used the motor. Training wheels still on
Fuel- don’t have good numbers yet and don’t have a comparison but yeah I’m assuming until about 9 knots I’m doing better than a boat with two of these, or two 420s.
Something like 6.7 per hour at 8.9 kn 2000 rpm against a small tide and a 5-10 wind

Batts- yeah. 4D is just a couple inches shallower or narrower than 8D. Just as immobile. they are too big for me to do much with. But they appear to be relatively or maybe very new -clean, good clean connections. I am thinking of replacing the original alternator and ext reg , and probably the xantrex link 20 monitor, with new stuff. Balmar xt kit maybe.
If the bow thruster 8D has to be removed from under the berth, I dunno. Not me and two friends. Hoping it’s something less drastic!
Thanks all

Oh and I cannot take credit for “a little stitious.” Apparently it’s from the office but I stole it from a colleague

Back
Top Bottom