Headliner material

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

holty

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
2003 30' Pilot II 6LPA
The vinyl cabin headliner in my 30' 2003 Pilot was dried out and flaking off. I have removed it and are ready for new. The old tracks holding the liner are in good shape so I just need the material. While searching on line for a replacement vinyl material I can across a video showing a Regal boat company employee demonstrating the installation of a headliner product from a company called Whisperwall. The material was very light and appeared to have a little strech to it. I emailed Whisperwall Inc in Colorado and was given two contacts that both failed to get back to me. So I am reaching out to see if anyone has heard of this headliner material and might know where it could be had. Thanks for any responses.

regards Holty

Try SailRire.com
I havent a call for it but just saw a post a few days ago and owner said they got it there.
A plastic putty knife w rounded corners helps installation.
If you dont find it call SailRite they are helpful.

I purchased a few yards of the perforated padded vinyl from sailrite - matches me existing 40-yo headliner and installs easily. They have it without padding as well.

I have used headliner made by Redrum. Very nice cloth finish with 1/4” foam backing on it. Very durable.

I looked at Whisper Wall and came away with some opinions. First, it looks like a good solution for a lot of people. You can replace the material fairly easily, you can take it down and clean it, you have a lot of color choices, and it looks pretty cost effective.

The benefit in capturing airborne noise depends more on what is behind the material. If you use some sound absorbing sub-material, it will probably do a very good job in capturing noise.

The down side - company's install Whisper Walls, they don't seem to want to sell it for home install. That's why I ultimately passed on it. I had a hard time getting people to tell me about it, they just wanted to know if they could install it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom