Head question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonesD

Vessel Name
Michelle
Vessel Make
1977 Schucker 436
I don’t utilize my head to often but since I have company company I figure I should do some maintenance
I have already replaced the joker and rebuilt my big whale pump.
I curious about the bowl plunger pump and which parts are recommended to change.
It’s a Jabsco. I don’t see numbers in it but do have a parts blow up.
Thanks for your advice.

Bones, the Jabsco "top gasket" on your manual toilet should be changed now and then as well.

Thank you for the response. I will get after it.

More than anything else, it needs lubricating! Buy a tube SuperLube thick grease (SuperLube has a full line of lubricants, you ONLY want their thick grease in a tube!)...available from Ace Hardware and some Home Depots.

While you have the pump open to replace the top gasket, stick the nozzle on the tube of grease into the pump and give it a healthy squeeze...about a tablespoon. Replace the top on the pump, pump the toilet a few times to spread the grease all over the inside of the pump housing, and you're done. It should last at least the rest of the season, unlike liquid "head lubes" or veggie oils that wash out in just a few flushes.

And btw...remember to instruct your guests that NOTHING that doesn't passed through them and limited amounts of the TP you should have provided goes into the toilet and that wet wipes are a hanging offense!

--Peggie

Last edited:
Thanks Peggie, you are the master!

Back
Top Bottom