Happiest Owners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband and I are in the process of selling our house and have moved aboard full time, with two cats. We’re all very happy and looking forward to new adventures. Boat housework is so much easier, we’re minimising our stuff, making improvements, and taking it a day at a time. Who wouldn’t be happy?View attachment 99659View attachment 99660

This move with minimizing will give you freedom. I remember it well. What a great feeling. You must resist the temptation to fill the boat with accessories and stuff. It happens easily. Great job and happy adventures

Any year I spend more time on the water than maintenance works for me!

This move with minimizing will give you freedom. I remember it well. What a great feeling. You must resist the temptation to fill the boat with accessories and stuff. It happens easily. Great job and happy adventures
Good advice as it's tempting to fill the space rather than consider what you actually need.

The owners whose boats do what they ask of it when they ask it without exorbitant amounts of maintenance.

Some boats through design appeal to a wide variety of owners. THey may not be perfect in all things but offer several attractions.

Sportfishers are great at fishing use but maybe not so good at cruising use for many reasons. They are usually also good seaboats but that may also not be as good for slow cruising. The huge back deck good for fishing limits accomodation.

A cruiser may be ROOMY and comfortable except in really rough water. Another similar boat may be the other way, a great seaboat but the accomodations not quite as great.

Same for any other boat.

You mention Tollys. They deserved their reputation. Good coastal sea boats including rough water handling, good accomodations, good build quality, good looking and a price that many could afford. I know and have known several people with them and that was their opinion.

Agreed!!!

Most boats will out-survive the occupants.
Get a helmet and seat belts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom