Gulp....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. s. "...the flappy blue thing in front of you..." This is a FAMILY site so I'm not going there!
no_michael_bluth.gif
So, still very cold over there?

Greetings,
Mr. BK. Indeed. Going down to -26C this evening with the wind chill. Harbor is frozen over and we want to head south on Sunday. The Admiral was quite adamant that we're NOT buying an icebreaker. Rats. I think the flappy thing is frozen...

Looks like it's being downgraded to a 1 by the time it gets near you. Must be the collective power of all the trawler-denizens worrying about your boat. Once upon a time they called that prayer!

Collective prayer, community mojo, positive waves, or plain ol good wishes - I'll take it in any form it's offered, and thank you all very much :) Does look like we'll be spared the brunt of it here in BUndy. Some of the the more northern towns not looking quite so clever though. Now [it seems - at this stage] all we've got to do here in Bundy is prepare for the possibility of another flood once the rains to the north and west make it to the Burnett River system. Of course south of us is looking a bit wet as well and equally fearful of flood. This is the 5th blow I've experienced in my life and it never 'gets old'.

As worrying as it all is - it's always exhilarating to experience Huey's wrath. You can almost feel the air being sucked into the system as you stand outside (well of course you can - that's called wind - but I'm sure those who've been through similar weather know what I mean). The atmosphere is positively electric. It's humbling to see nature like this - makes you [well me] feel totally alive. Especially when you're safe on land with your boat out of the water.

The edge of the cyclone is upon us proper now. Rain is building as is the wind. I guess we'll know soon enough what this evening holds in store for us. Right now though, it's well and truly beer o'clock. Of course only two for me, not going to get complacent until its downgraded to a tropical rain depression.

Thanks again all for keeping us in your thoughts.

been pretty wet. My brother has already had 12 " rain down in Buderim with more to come.
Just heard that it blew 105 knots at Middle Percy and possibly the A frame has been wiped out.
This has some importance to all who have cruised the Qld coast.
Better keep all the scuppers clear for more rain.
Stay safe mate.
Cheers
Benn

Insequent,
I have friends in Bundy at Avoca and texted them, heard that it's very very wet. Meanwhile as I sit here in Perth I did wonder about my new boat waiting for me to pick her up in 3 weeks from Riverheads. (just south of Hervey Bay)
Gave a call there and enquired how she is...............was told Nimiane was happily STILL :ermm: sitting on her trailer with water flowing from her cockpit drains like fountains...........:D
Hope all is well with you.
brett

Back
Top Bottom